Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Acidity of different ingredents?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> General Food Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chefjeff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Acidity of different ingredents? Reply with quote

Hi! I,m new to this forum. Hello from New Mexico! Does anyone know where I can find an extensive list of Ph's (acidity) of different ingredents? Specificly roasted hot green chile and light corn syrup and dark corn syrup? chefjeff
kgb1001001

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Might be easier... Reply with quote

I'd suggest you just go buy yourself a set of ph indicator strips. That way you can test each ingredient yourself; the problem with a list is that it might not be accurate depending on the particular ingredient; for instance, I know that lemons actually vary fairly widely in the ph of their juice.
chefjeff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! So! Where's the best place to get those? chefjeff
claire909

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have your problem been solved or not.
Norai

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They sell pH strips at homebrew/winemaking supply stores, or failing that you can get them all over the place online. Just make sure you get the right combination to cover the pH range you're looking at.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> General Food Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum