Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

de-odorize liver?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Cooking Tips
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: de-odorize liver? Reply with quote

a web search reveals that I am not the only individual who finds the aroma of liver, to be nauseating.

I would truly prefer this wasn't so. Liver is an EXTREMELY cost-efficent way to get nutrition.

Can raw liver be de-odorized before cooking, without removing the nutrients?

Suggestions seen on the web till now are : soak in milk, soak in vinegar.
Rotten Apple

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of the suggestions you evidently read about I've tried although to be honest I wasn't aiming to de-fume my liver -- I was just trying to get the cooked results to be as good as those of my mother-in-law and that's what she does. Have you tried either or both and if so, are you not pleased?
Ruby@Cuisine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slice liver and soak in water. Rub liver slices, you will see a lot of blood washed out. Refresh water and rub fully. Keep on doing this until you see water is almost clean.

When you cook liver, add some wine, so that bad odor will co-evaporate with alcohol.
danicamoore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soak it in milk or a flavorful spicy marinade such as a white wine marinade before cooking to soften the intense flavor. After marinating throw the liquid away and pat the liver dry before cooking. Hope this could help..

-paloma
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Cooking Tips All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum