Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vacuum sealer for biscotti

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoguemeister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Vacuum sealer for biscotti Reply with quote

I am looking for a way to package and sell my biscotti. Do any of you have any suggestions where I might find a vacuum sealer that will work for something that small? Thanks for the help.

Hoguemeister
randyhogue@gmail.com
Dilbert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>package . . .

in cans, jars, bags, foil?
singles or by bulk by weight?

a lot of snack packaging is done with a nitrogen flush, not vacuum.
the nitrogen displaces oxygen - it's the oxygen (& moisture, if any ambient creeps in) that cause most of the shelf life issues.
DrBiggles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Vacuum sealer for biscotti Reply with quote

Hoguemeister wrote:
I am looking for a way to package and sell my biscotti. Do any of you have any suggestions where I might find a vacuum sealer that will work for something that small? Thanks for the help.

Hoguemeister
randyhogue@gmail.com

Considering Biscotti generally has a shelf life of many weeks, I wouldn't worry about vacuum sealing. I'd be taking a close look at my demographics and how my customers would like to see it packaged. The inexpensive biscotti in my area is just packaged in loose clear plastic bags that are heat clamped on either end. You may want to go for a more hands on approach and wrap them like a holiday gift with the folds on the backside and sealed with a nice sticker of some ilk. This way you'd have the opposite side for a product label. If you can't sell your biscotti in 10 weeks, you have more than just a freshness problem. Make it look as good as it tastes.

Biggles
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum