Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plastic Lunch Bags

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bdohma@midwestern.edu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Plastic Lunch Bags Reply with quote

Are plastic lunch bags safe? What is the rating 1-7?
My husband asked me to wash them out so he could reuse them. Is this safe?
bdohma@midwestern.edu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: No BPAs in Ziplocks Reply with quote

I'm answering my own request -I just found the following information under ziplock/ scjohnson company:

A recent study conducted and published by the University of Cincinnati found that the estrogen-like chemical BPA (bisphenol A) has been shown to encourage the growth of a specific category of prostate cancer cells. BPA is commonly used in the manufacture of certain plastic products, such as food-can coatings, milk-container liners, food containers, and water-supply pipes. As a result, media have been reporting on this study and the fact that this chemical is commonly found in plastic food storage containers.

SC Johnson does not use BPA in its plastic products, Ziploc® Brand bags and containers, and Saran™ brand wraps.

SC Johnson is a leader in providing high-quality products. All of its products are extensively evaluated for toxicity and safety and comply with—and often even exceed—applicable quality and safety regulations.

For more information, please visit www.scjohnson.com.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum