Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off Topic: The HP Freshman 15 Contest - Win a Notebook Compu
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danielleeu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: And Just a Few More Entries... Reply with quote

What can I say, I really would love to finally own a laptop. And since we can enter many times...why not keep trying?

Here are two more entries by me:
Cookingforengineers.com is saucy-

(And anyone that goes to college knows-whether first hand or through friends-that the college experience includes alcohol, so...)
Cookingforengineers.com, knocking back the other website competition-
cc13

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: HP contest Reply with quote

Here are two entries (I had to use my daughter's photobucket because I am not that tech savy. I did these so my daughter will stop bugging me to buy her a computer-- especially since I can't afford it with paying for my own college loans ...and yes, they are my loans; my daughter is paying her own.)

I couldn't come up with the dough to pay for a computer...but I did come up with some dough for this entry (ok, ok-- it's actually pie crust):

I thought I would try to spice things up a bit with this second entry:
brown88

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is my entry baked chisken mmmmmm. it was good

C:\Users\james\Desktop\0.jpg
shay_tx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Entry for the laptop giveaway Reply with quote

This was taken as we were putting together our salads for dinner.
Not sure if my other half appreciated me digging through his salad to find the right size and shape items.
Teasing

I tried to register but had problems, here's my info.
shay_tx@hotmail.com
djwain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: I think I have this figured out now... Reply with quote

For my first entry, we dressed in black and managed to elude the crafty produce managers with our ninja-like stealth:

A close up (I now need to search this site to find out what to do with the spaghetti squash:

For my second entry, as a fellow engineer, I thought some pumpkin pi would be appropriate:

Danielle
djwain@gmail.com
Nate Lau

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: 3 CFE entries Reply with quote

CFE written in olive oil

CFE written in angel hair pasta

Cute kid with CFE written in pasta

Chicken Piccata from House of Annie
http://chezannies.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Stirfry is always a favorite! Reply with quote

Kara

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Binary Entry Reply with quote

Since my husband is a computer engineer, we had to include this. Took a while at the grocery store to find snack items that would work as 1's and 0's. The end result: pretzel sticks and the pretzel circles from a few bags of chex mix.
cmd277

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Cooking for Engineers Reply with quote

-Christina
cmd277 at gmail dot com
gonz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEre is my entry,

Now I can play with my food mom!
gonz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am the one who posted the picture of sushi and legos, I did not include any other text because i was kinda scared of posting on october 11th! (I posted 7 minutes before midnight!), anyway, I want to explain my picture: Whenever I think of engineers I imagine guys wearing those white hard hats and operating big machinery!, so we thought that itīd be cool to include those guys in the photo. I think the one on the excavator is stealing some sushi!
It was taken on my favorite sushi place on Wednesday night.
My email address is gonzalo_garcia@hotmail.co.uk
thanks. Big smile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my submission for the Freshman 15 contest Smile Incase it isn't clear, it's a pizza topped with pepperoni.

My e-mail is bridget_hoffman at yahoo dot com
Jace

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: CFE laptop contest Reply with quote

OK, I hope I'm not too late. It isn't really fair if I am, because here in Texas, it is still early evening on Friday! So, I figured why not make my entry an engineering marvel. I ran out of toothpicks, so I just used gravity to turn food into a bridge!

Jace
JaceRoscoe@gmail.com
dani

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: a final CFE cake! Reply with quote

by way of:

props to 'rtrieu' for really opening this up with those links to really nice close-up photos! here's a link to the photos of making this cake, aspiring to be a CFE-style recipe, but for the moment more like 'photo-essay':

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31174744@N04/sets/72157607915334544/

Last edited by dani on Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total
psyci

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's Cookies for Engineers:

Had to take the opportunity to make our favorite recipe from the site. They were devoured quickly after the photo was taken. See the full size version here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: