Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off Topic: The HP Freshman 15 Contest - Win a Notebook Compu
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are all perfectly fine submissions!

Photoshop: yes, you can adjust levels, white balance, hue, clarity, etc. You just can't go in and paint the words "cookingforengineers.com" into it. You have to put the words have to exist in real life while you are taking the picture.
Abdur Rafay Zafar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Freshman 15 Competition Entry Reply with quote

Here is a quick sweet dish "Banana Delight".

I have used Custard, Jelly, Bananas and lost of Cream.
Dani - guest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: A Cooking-for-Engineers Salad Reply with quote

Only WELL AFTER the salad was tossed and eaten did the realization strike us down, that to the technical eye...there is no "dot-com" in this salad. And shoot, what is this, if not a forum for technical eyes!

But we pitch... should one well up inside with tenderness for each and every pomegranate seed, as can happen from time to time, then surely it won't be long before, as happened to us, those pearly rosate pixels form into little digits, spelling out clearly what we left off...
Balloonmage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Contest Entry Reply with quote

spelled in Reese's Pieces
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abdur Rafay Zafar and Dani, since you guys didn't register, please e-mail me at cooking@cookingforengineers.com so I know how to contact you later. The same goes for anyone posting in the future without making an account - I need to make sure I can contact you in case you are chosen as the winner.
gapinto

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of us who like sushi Big smile

- Gustavo A. Pinto
Brenda

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: deviled eggs Reply with quote

heres my submission

my email is fritcb@gmail.com
rachk07

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: laptop contest Reply with quote

here's my submission!

I used vegetables that were 'leftover' from our garden. The words are made from peppers and a tomato, the word "engineers" is carved into a zuchinni. The leafy stuff around the edges is basil.
barbarabaker74

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:59 am    Post subject: Freshman 15 Competition Entry Reply with quote

This sign was made with some of my husbands favorite snacks-Cheezits (tobasco flavor) and Corn-nuts (Ranch style)...I had so much fun with this and only hope that it is good enough for this competition!!! (this was the only food available in our house...trust me!!! Thank goodness their was a sale at our local store for buy one bag-get one free...
Big smile
danielleeu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:40 am    Post subject: Two Entries For the HP Contest Reply with quote

Here are two entries for your contest...

Entry #1: The cookie defense:

Entry #2: (And I must point out, you didn't say it had to be people food)
Rupert (our cat) just can't get enough of Cookingforengineers.com:

Hope you enjoy my entries... Smile
Lisette

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twinjackienurse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: toaster strudel Reply with quote

Heres my submission...it was very hard to write!

twinjackienurse@gmail.com
dani

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: a dessert worth eating off the counter Reply with quote

Mandarin oranges and Ghiradelli chips.
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said, "by entering the contest, you're also giving Cooking For Engineers the right to use the photographs submitted in the future".

Care to elaborate on future uses of our photos? Plan on making a gallery of our pictures? Or something else? I've just curious to know.
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visitor wrote:
Care to elaborate on future uses of our photos? Plan on making a gallery of our pictures? Or something else? I've just curious to know.

I'm probably going to copy all the images, resize, and repost them on this thread so the images will stay up as long as Cooking For Engineers does. That way we can all look back on this fondly Smile

Depending on if they work out, it's possible that I could do T-Shirts or something in the future. Any other ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: