Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Condensed Milk Fudge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bunnies Galore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Oreo Cookie Fudge Reply with quote

Is this the company that has a recipe for fudge using crumbled sandwich cookies--like Oreos? It's a simple recipe--1 can sweetened condensed milk, 3 squares white chocolate, 1/8 tsp salt and 3 cups coarsely crumbled sandwich cookies. If it's not your recipe, would anyone out there know whose it is? Thanks...
Anna

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: RE: Oreo Cookie Fudge Reply with quote

That recipe is from Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk. I copied and pasted it from their website.

http://www.eaglebrand.com/recipes/details/?RecipeId=3989&category=-1

Cookies 'n Cream Fudge
Ingredients

* 3 (6 oz.) packages white chocolate baking squares
* 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 3 cups (about 20 cookies) coarsely crushed chocolate creme-filled sandwich cookies

Instructions

* LINE 8-inch square pan with wax paper, extending paper over edges of pan.
* MELT white chocolate squares with sweetened condensed milk and salt in heavy saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat; stir in crushed cookies. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
* CHILL 2 hours or until firm. Remove from pan by lifting edges of wax paper. Cut into squares.

Oh and I don't add any butter to my fudge and the consistency is perfect, firm and smooth. I follow Eagle Brand's fudge recipe. http://www.eaglebrand.com/recipes/details/?RecipeId=3968&category=-1

Foolproof Chocolate Fudge

* Servings: about 2 pounds
* Prep Time: 10 Minutes
* Cook Time: 5 Minutes

Ingredients

* 3 cups (18 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
* 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
* Dash salt
* 1/2 to 1 cups chopped nuts (optional)
* 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Instructions

* LINE 8- or 9-inch square pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan.
* MELT chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk and salt in heavy saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat. Stir in nuts and vanilla. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
* CHILL 2 hours or until firm. Remove from pan by lifting edges of foil. Cut into squares.
* MICROWAVE METHOD
* COMBINE chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk and salt in 1-quart glass measure. Cook on HIGH (100% power) 3 minutes or until chips are melted, stirring after 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients. Proceed as above.
* VARIATIONS
* CREAMY DARK CHOCOLATE FUDGE: MELT 2 cups miniature marshmallows with chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Proceed as above.
* MILK CHOCOLATE FUDGE: OMIT 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. Add 1 cup milk chocolate chips. Proceed as above.
* CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CHIP GLAZED FUDGE: FOLLOW above recipe using 3/4 cup peanut butter chips instead of nuts. For glaze, melt 1/2 cup peanut butter chips with 1/2 cup heavy cream. Stir until thick and smooth. Spread over chilled fudge.

I hope this helps.

Anna
MzMic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Never used butter....NEVER EVER had a problem Reply with quote

I've used this recipe for a couple of years now; however, I lost the recipe & have been going by memory.. I was estatic to find your site to confirm that I wasn't far off.. I do *wish* that I had read about the 1/8 tsp salt (to make sweet things sweeter) I will try that next time, but had to get fudge in fridge for Thanksgiving dinner & family reunion tomorrow.

I just wanted to let ev1 know whom have had probs with this recipe .. that I have NEVER EVER used Butter in my recipe and have Never Ever had a problem with it.. even tho I was guessing at amounts lol.

I use a very very heavy pan, turn on high heat to warm up pan, remove pan from burner, turn burner down to low heat, add the milk choc chips & condensed sweeten cream, and stir ALOT, then put back on burner and stir consistently, add in any extras that you would like..... after choc mixture is smooth, remove from burner & add in the 2 tsp of PURE Vanilla Extract and stir till beautifully shiny & smooth.... then pour into 9X13 pan, (already prepared with Wax Paper that I have laid 2 strips acoss the sides and use packaging tape to tape the ends to the bottom of the pan, after I have put creases into paper along the pans edges) Chill a couple of hours, freeze remainder that you don't use now to use @ a later time, I believe a part of my success with this recipe is adding the vanilla after mixture is smooth AND off the burner. Enjoy Smile
Diabetic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Sweetened Condensed Milk Substitute Reply with quote

To make this fudge more diabetic friendly, try this substitution for the sweetened condensed milk. Note that it isn't sugar free (nor will the fudge be sugar free because of the chips you add)--but it does make it "easier" on the diabetics (like me).

http://www.recipezaar.com/no-sugar-added-sweetened-condensed-milk-395627

To synopsize, in a small bowl mix 1/3 cup boiling water + 2 tbls
4 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup Splenda
1 Cup NONFAT dry milk powder (see website for some cautions as some are "thicker" than others)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.

I use this total recipe in place of the 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk.
tons

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Fudge Reply with quote

mine turned out to be like... fudge, tastes the same like Nutella.. i thot it would turn out into fudgy bready thingy-like fudge....... Sad Disbelief Huh? Shock
Dilbert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>> bready thingy-like fudge

thinking of a "brownie"?
trubrit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Yummmmeeeee Reply with quote

This fudge is/was Teasing great and so easy.........i had a can of chocolate flavored condensed milk and used it instead of regular...it has turned delicious
This will be what i give for Christmas to my co-workers this year in little bags. I think a light dusting with confectioners sugar should make it perfect
poppetwa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Adding alcohol to this recipe? Reply with quote

Anyone had luck adding Bailey's or Kahlua to this recipe and if so how much and at what point so it was successful and didn't seize up?
rosebud11

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: fudge Reply with quote

It was so easy to make. I can not believe I made it and how good it came out. Thanks a lot and I now know what a bain marie is. Smile
Secret Fooj

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Toot Sweet Reply with quote

Too sweet.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Too sweet? Reply with quote

Secret Fooj, if you find the recipe too sweet, try using a very dark chocolate (maybe 86% or even unsweetened chocolate) for the fudge. Since I like bittersweet, using unsweetened chocolate is perfect for me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Soft Fudge Reply with quote

Hey - I know not everyone has time to make traditional fudge; double boiler, candy thermometer, real cocoa.... (I don't!) but if you've ever had the real deal, this fudge is 2nd fiddle at best. So those of you that have the old fashioned kind don't be expecting the same consistancy; this will always be soft.

Kudos to the step by step presentation and pictures.

BTW, I'm sitting her eating both kinds of fudge - the one in the recipe and the traditional kind. Chevy to Cadillac.

Peace
Just stopped by...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:29 am    Post subject: THIS STUFF IS GOOD !!! Reply with quote

SO EASY!
I melted three tbsp butter on low heat, added the condensed milk and stirred well. Added the tablespoon of vanilla and a pinch of salt. Continued stirring until well blended. Removed from medium low heat and added semi-sweet chocolate chips (three cups). Stirred until well blended. Added walnuts (you don't have to...) about a cup or so, and folded these into the fudge. I sprayed a rubbermaid square plastic container, poured in the fudge and let sit on a countertop, covered with plastic wrap, for a couple of hours until it was cool and transferred it to the fridge. The spoon was lick-a-licious ! Thanks! This was the first time I had ever made fudge! Great recipe !!! [/b]
Tina

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:05 am    Post subject: Chocolate Condensed Milk Reply with quote

This recipe sounds amazing! I'm going to try it as soon as I can, but I was wondering if it would be okay to use chocolate condensed milk instead of the regular condensed milk with the chocolate chips?
ancelyna

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Amazing! Reply with quote

Ok, so it's not Fudge fudge, but it sure does taste amazing! I gave some it away as gifts and everyone was surprised I made it. All I could do was secretly giggle because they didn't know how easy it was! Hehee (I used the microwave method because my stove wasn't working yet)

To all you people crying about not having chocolate chips:
Chocolate chips are chips made of chocolate! Nothing special, just convenient to use is cooking because of their small chip size. You can use regular chocolate, just chop it up! No problemo! And as a bonus you can use whichever brand and flavor of chocolate you want and usually munch on. A big part of the final taste of the fudge is up to the chocolate you use. If you can't find good quality chocolate chips, don't think using cheap compound chocolate chips will make it taste better than using real chocolate which you have to chop up.

Thank you very much for this amazing recipe!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: