Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Condensed Milk Fudge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Sad I'm really disapointed that even on the printer friendly version, I can't print just the recipe. I have printed about 40 pages and still don't have it. I had to cancell the print

By default comments are included. You can remove the comments by clicking on the link right below the article (above where the comments start) when in printer friendly mode.
Ally

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Questions Reply with quote

How much fudge does this make?
Dilbert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absurdly Easy Chocolate Fudge (makes 16 2-in. squares)
Stacey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: help me with my fudge Reply with quote

Your fudge sounds great!!! but I have trouble with my butterscotch fudge turning out too soft, here is what I did, can you help me still use what I made with a makeover?
1 c Sugar
1/2 c Butter
3/4 ts Salt
7 1/2 oz Jar marshmallow creme
5 1/3 oz Can evaporated milk
12 oz Butterscotch chips
1/2 ts Vanilla
1/2 c Pecans, chopped
Combine the sugar, butter, salt, marshmallow creme, and milk in a heavy saucepan. Cook to rolling boil over medium low heat. Continue to boil for 5 full minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and add butterscotch chips, vanilla, and pecans. Stir until chips are melted. Pour into well-buttered 9x9 inch square pan. Cool and cut into squares
RGR

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: great fudge Reply with quote

I use this recipe yearly and vary it according to my whims. Last year it was dark chocolate and dried cherries. This holiday it is semi-sweet chocolate, dried blueberries and chopped walnuts! It always goes over well at my family holiday get together. Thank you!
Anne

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: fudge Reply with quote

Loved this recipe! I combined one pack each of semi-sweet and dark chocolate chips, adjusted liquidity with 2 T more butter and a dash of light cream, and added chopped walnuts and a handful of crushed, dried arbol chiles. Fantastic.
Kathie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: Condensed milk fudge Reply with quote

I made this recipe at Xmas and it turned out horrible! I've made this every year and was stymied as to what went wrong. I finally figured it out! The reason--I forgot I only use raw, organic sugar now, so the sugar did not completely melt. But man, this makes a great hot fudge sauce. Big smile
Elfer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: units! Reply with quote

This site is called cooking for engineers, yet the recipe says 14 fluid ounces when the can clearly specifies 14 ounces by weight.

As an engineering student, Sad
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: units! Reply with quote

Elfer wrote:
This site is called cooking for engineers, yet the recipe says 14 fluid ounces when the can clearly specifies 14 ounces by weight.

I'm terribly sorry about that! I can't believe I missed the previous comments (from 2006) about the incorrect quantity of condensed milk. It should have been just one 14 oz. can of condensed milk which is somewhere around 10.5 fluid ounces.

I've corrected the recipe. Thanks for your diligence!
Karthik

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Super quick! Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the quick recipe..made super tasting fudge in less than 15 min..didn't have choc chips..so used a mix of lindt dark, a mars bar and some m&m's. still licking my fingers :-)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: fudge recipe Reply with quote

We used to make a similar fudge when our hyperactive kid was on a low-carbohydrate/high protein diet. We used cream cheese instead of condensed milk - the taste is a little different, but very good, and the fudge is lower in sugar.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: fudge recipe Reply with quote

This was soooo easy, but I'm afraid it was a little bland. Next time, I am going to try adding a little vanilla and a pinch or two of salt. (Salt makes sweet things sweeter, oddly enough.) But I will DEFINITELY make this again!
Frogster1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Super Easy Fudge Reply with quote

Well, I think I have the easiest way of all to make this fudge. My ingredients are just slightly different...

I melt 3 Tablespoons of butter in a pot on the stove. Add the condensed milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Stir constantly until very hot, but not quite boiling (about 2 minutes). Remove from heat and add 3 cups any flavor chocolate chips. Stir with a rubber spoon until chips are completely melted (about 1 minute). Add nuts or whatever else you like at this point. Line an 8x8" pan with plastic wrap with ends being twice as long as needed to drape over the sides. Now coat plastic wrap with a little cooking spray. Spread fudge in pan. Wrap the extra plastic wrap over the fudge and wait 2 to 3 hours to set. I let it set at room temperature. It stays softer and moister this way. When I put it in the fridge, it tends to get much harder and dried out. You will find that it sets up nicely just sitting on the counter.

My favorite chips to use are a mixture of half mint chocolate chips and half milk chocolate chips. Also try half peanutbutter chips and half butterscotch chips. No matter what flavor, this fudge will be the hit of EVERY party! I've seen it happen every time!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:09 am    Post subject: Condensed milk fudge Reply with quote

I've been making this off and on since the 1970s. I heat the sweetened condensed milk and the butter together and then add the chocolate once the milk mixture is heated through enough to melt the butter -- this way you don't have to worry about burning the chocolate or overheating the butter to the point that it separates. I add vanilla, as others have mentioned. You can also substitute peanut butter for the butter -- I prefer this to peanut butter chips, which I find too waxy.
Mom of a future engineer!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Fudge Reply with quote

My son told me at 9:30 last night, he had signed up to bring Fudge to a class party tomorrow! I have never made fudge before in my life, but found your recipe and just finished making a double batch!
It was sooooo easy! Thank you. I am sure this will become a family favourite, since it was easy for kids to make too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: