Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Condensed Milk Fudge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Athryn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmmmmm, this looks good.

That's weird though, I never remember my mom having any trouble making fudge. I'll ask her what she does.
Tiger Spot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man. My batch just went in the fridge, and I'm already impressed. I don't know how the texture's going to turn out, but the flavor is very nice.

I just melted everything in a pot over low heat, and it did fine.

I'm so glad I got to try one of your recipes -- I love the way they're laid out, but as a vegetarian there aren't too many up here I can actually eat.
Tiger Spot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Later report: The fudge is totally awesome. Buttering the pan and then putting down plastic wrap didn't work -- when I tried to lift the fudge out, the plastice wrap just tore. However, once I'd trimmed off a side of the fudge and levered it out of the pan, I was able to pry the rest up and peel off the plastic.

I will go have some more fudge now. Mm, fudge.
Sasha

I found that after being in the fridge, the fudge was easy to pry off. It may have just been that I happened to wait a good amount of time before cutting/prying the half that I took out first. (about 1 hour)

--S
oldmess

Instead of plastic wrap, use parchment paper. It'll come of cleaner.

Also, a dash of cayenne pepper really enhances the flavor.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RFC About adding foaming to recipe

Rationale: substances under the form of foam carry a lot of air. Air is 100% fat-free .Foamy foods give the sensation of satiated hunger faster and more efficiently then other non foamy foods , yet deliver less calories per serving.

So to keep a long RFC short..what about foam geeks giving us some hint on how to turn the recipe into a nice spongy mass that will satiate our hunger without exploding our liver like the unmodified recipe will do ?
Dave R.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great recipe--easy way to impress your friends. I found that using PAM or Crisco on the pan works just as well before you put down plastic wrap, and has no effect on the taste, of course.

Love the site, even though I'm a lawyer-in-training, not an engineer.
pena

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm! add a little of wiskey, pour over raisins or biscuit crumbles.

but... where are the porous bubbles recipe, c'mon prop'heads!

How about halving the recipe, and folding in some rice crispies before putting it into the pan? Don't shoot me if this doesn't work - I haven't tried it. Smile

I halved the recipe and it turned out too soft. Can't actually cut it properly as it is so soft it sticks to the knife so much!
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I halved the recipe and it turned out too soft. Can't actually cut it properly as it is so soft it sticks to the knife so much!

Sounds like the fudge hasn't set yet. How long did you have it in the refrigerator? Although I recommend at least two hours, sometimes it takes longer for the fudge to set (depending on the shape and material of your container).

Once set, the fudge can be cut at cold or room temperatures without a problem.

After cutting the fudge you can put the baking dish in hot water, it'll melt the butter and make removing the cubes easier.
ed

ohhh its fudge for god sake! havent u ladies got anything better to do then discuss cutting fudge?

pur-loise.
Alexandra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I have to agree with Ed, haven't u guys got anything better to do than discuss fudge and all it's characteristics for fuck sakes? Jeez, get a life!! I'm only on here to get a recipe not discuss it, but when I seen all those gay as comments, I just couldn't resist!! HAHA! HAVE FUN!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make this fudge every Christmas for years, I also make a second version with white chocolate such as Ghiradelli's. My question to the forum is, does this fudge need to be refrigerated, will it spoil if left out at room temperature.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: