Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What a grind . . .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Cooking Tips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dilbert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: What a grind . . . Reply with quote

you'll see recommendations to grind your own beef from time to time - often based on "how to avoid food poisoning" type issues.

</long story on>
supermarket had a buy one get one free on top round roast so I wound up with a lot of roast that was freeze it or .....
</storyoff>

and then the suggestion "let's have tacos"

so I double ground the beef roast - salt&pepper sprinkle after first pass.

old fashion hand crank cast iron #2 Universal clamp on the table meat grinder

sauted in olive oil with two handfuls chopped onion + taco seasoning packet (sorry about that . . . .)

soft taco shells, garden fresh tomato, diced onion, shredded lettuce, sour cream.

the beef was absolutely fantastic - the "grind your own" is on my list for immediate experimentations!

if you have a grinder and haven't thought about trying this, highly recommended.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Cooking Tips All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum