Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not exactly Dr Seuss .....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gareth

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Not exactly Dr Seuss ..... Reply with quote

..... ....... and neither is it Green Eggs and Ham; just the Green Eggs.

Don't ask me how or why, but the subject of Dr Seuss came up in conversation on another set of forum boards that I subscribe to.

You all know me by now, so I guess that you would not be surprised to learn that I typed Green Eggs and Ham recipes into Google.

I was not pleased to find that the recipes that I got back used Green food dye to colour the Eggs. For a long time now a favourite for breakfast of mine has been Green scrambled Eggs on toast. So this is how I do it;

Serves one.

You can adjust the quantities to suit yourself, but try to keep them proportional.

4 large Eggs

25 g Butter or Margarine

50 ml fresh Milk

1 level teaspoon of dried Dill weed

1 level teaspoon of dried Parsley

1 level teaspoon of dried Chives

Note; You can use fresh cut herbs, but you will have to double the amounts.

Melt the butter in a sauce pan, and add the milk. As the milk comes up the boil add the herbs, turn down to a simmer and continue to stir them on the heat for 1-2 minutes. This softens the dried Herbs and allows them to begin to release their flavours.

Crack the Eggs into the saucepan, and keep stirring them with a spatula on the heat until you obtain the consistency of cooked Egg that you prefer. I like them when they can just support themselves when stirred into a heap in the saucepan

Serve on hot, freshly buttered toast.

It's as easy as that.

I read somewhere that both dried Dill weed and dried Parsley are excellent aids to digestion, but I just like the taste.

[img][/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum