Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who's your favorite celebrity chef and why?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> General Food Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alguiser

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chef Robles co'z he's from my country and he is a good tv host
Diane B.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Pepin, teachers and more chefs Reply with quote

I don't have one favorite either, but there are some I just can't watch because of their personalities, their attitudes re cooking or re other re things, or the kinds of food they cook.

One I haven't heard mentioned is one of my faves though since he is such an excellent *teacher* and that's Jacques Pepin. Some of his recipes/books may deal with more complicated food than I'm interested in but his 2 PBS series on tv had quite reasonable ones.
He also often just throws in great tips about peeling or handling various foods, cutting, or cooking techniques, etc (although he's known for those in his books). (Have to say I have a hard time watching the ones with his daughter though.)
One of those series is online at YouTube and also at one of the PBS sites:
http://www.kqed.org/w/morefastfoodmyway

I've also gotten a lot from Sara Moulton's old shows, Mark Bittman, Todd Mohr, Jamie Oliver (also love his travel-with-cooking shows in Europe--Athens was one esp. good one-- and ones showing now in the U.S.), as well as and some of the cooks/chefs I run across online like Reluctant Gourmet, Show Me the Curry, Aarti Sequeria (aartiparti) now also on tv, and more. I like a lot of the equipment/food reviews on America's Test Kitchen too.
alison50

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One favorite chef?

Wow, there have been so many who have been entertaining. I'd have to agree with one of the other posters.

Martin Yan
Julia Child
Galloping Gourmet Graham Kerr
The Cajun Chef Justin Wilson
Frugal Gourmet Jeff Smith
and
Gordon Ramsey
barryblue

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody ever watched the YouTube remixes of celebrity chefs? Highly amusing.
counter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite chef is Buddy Velastro...expecially for cakes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> General Food Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum