Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pepperoni Rolls, please!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bnbtnt2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:02 am    Post subject: Pepperoni Rolls, please! Reply with quote

When I was young, we had a farmer's market with this amazing bakery. My favorite thing were these pepperoni rolls, they were simple, pepperoni and cheese. I've been experimenting a bit, I'm sure it was either cheddar or a mix of cheddar and jack cheeses. Now that I have had more baking experience (I got a kitchedaid pro600) I've been trying to recreate these wonders. I have had problems creating the slightly sweet, yellow rolls the pepperoni and cheese were in. These were not spirals, but more of an empty space (I believe this was due to hasty rolling).

Anyone have any ideas about the type of roll? Feel free to drop full recipes as well! Oh yea, I'm a college student in Mechanical Engineering with a minor in Industrial engineering.
IndyRob

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like this is one of those things where the dough is making the magic. Pepperoni and cheese just plain works. It just needs a framework (usually as a pizza).

Can you characterize the dough a little more? Was it very soft and/or flaky? Or a little more like a calzone? Was the outside shiny, or crisp, or soft?

I'm not sure I'll have the answer, but I have a similar quest of my own.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum