Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cuisinart MULTICLAD PRO Cookware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Cuisinart MULTICLAD PRO Cookware Reply with quote

New here but have been reading all day and night long on this site for info. Wow! Best site I've seen yet! I am looking at buying the Cuisinart Multiclad Pro cookware. At this time, I HAVE to buy a set (economy) but would like a high-quality set. This set is the one competing with All-Clad. It is their high-end cookware and is FULLY CLAD aluminum most likely 2mm like All-Clad. Cuisinart also offers a cheaper set which is thicker 4.5mm aluminum disc on bottom only. My question is this. ... Are there any COOKING APPLICATIONS where a 4.5mm aluminum disc pan is BETTER than a 2mm fully clad aluminum pan? Or is it ONLY that you don't necessarily need the fully clad for things like a stock pot or frying pan since you are boiling or in the case of the skillet, only cooking on the bottom? Are there any negatives to getting the fully clad set? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated!

Gail Murphy
geo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: same Reply with quote

A Cuisinart rep told me that both the Cuisinart Chefs Classic and the Cuinsinart Muliclad Pro MCP have aluminum thickness of 4.5mm. I don't know how that's possible in the Multiclad set.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum