Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

golub jamun

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EngineeringProfessor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: golub jamun Reply with quote

Does anyone have an authentic recipe for golub jamun? I have seen the one using Bisquik, but I doubt they make them that way in India.
loveblumes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: gulab jamun recipe, 3 years too late? Reply with quote

I'm from India and I love this recipe: http://www.recipezaar.com/Gulab-Jamun-184368

My adjustments: I use powdered buttermilk by Now Foods I get on iherb.com, as it is easier for me to get and less expensive than the huge powdered milk boxes. I don't even need to add the odd TBS of flour. You can also buy ready made ghee, if you prefer
danicamoore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't the milk balls or something? I've done this before but I forgot how's everything goes on. I tried it once though.
rachard1583

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Good jamun! Reply with quote

How to make gulab jamun:

Make the dough by combining the milk powder, Bisquick, butter. Add just enough whole milk to make a medium-hard dough. Divide the dough into 18-20 portions. Make balls by gently rolling each portion between your palms into a smooth ball.

Heat the oil on high and then lower the heat to medium. Slip in the balls into the hot oil from the side of the pan, one by one. After about 5 mins, the balls will rise to the surface. Now they must be gently and constantly agitated to ensure even browning on all sides.

Sugar Syrup:
The syrup should be made earlier and kept warm. To make the hot sugar syrup add mix the 2 cups of sugar to 1 cup of water. Add 4-5 cardamom pods, slightly crushed and a few strands of "Kesar". Mix with a spoon and then heat at medium heat for 5-10 minutes until sugar is all dissolved in water. Do not overheat, that will caramelize the sugar.

Transfer this hot syrup into a serving dish. Keep warm on stove. Add the fried gulab jamuns directly into the warm syrup. Leave gulab jamun balls in sugar syrup overnight for best results. They can be served warm or at room temperature.
aniketvichare

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject: Banana Gulab Jamun Reply with quote

You can try Banana Gulab Jamun recipe, i have shared the methods. WHen i tried this dish, it was amazing and i loved it. Banana Gulab Jamun is a unique dish.
In a bowl, mash a banana to form a paste and mix refined flour.
Add mashed cottage cheese, rose water, roasted condensed milk solids, baking powder and fennel cardamom powder and make a dough.
Heat oil in a pan, make small roundels of dough and deep fry until golden brown
Remove the jamuns, dip in sugar syrup and allow them to soak for 4 5 minutes.
Add some rose water in the sugar syrup (you can also add some saffron to it)
amrutabansode

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My honest gulab jamun recipe has been to turn to Gits’ ready to make pack. It is easy to follow the instructions make them in matter of an hour. However, when I discovered a recipe on LivingGoodz that was much simpler, my life changed. It is my favourite recipe website now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum