Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Name That Pan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IndyRob

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Name That Pan Reply with quote

My wife bought me a pan "because it looked neat". Neither of us knew what it was for. Its basic shape is that of a half-cylinder, about 3"-4" in diameter and maybe 18" long. The ends are closed with flat end plates. There are wire loop handles(?) at the top of each (short) side. The inside is coated with a non-stick material. And it has, um, flutes? Well, think of segmentations of a worm...The sort of pattern a stack of hamburger patties might make if their edges were rounded, and if the stack was pressed sideways into something.

I think it would be good if you wanted to make something like a big Twinkie. But it could be a mold for some sort of terrine or something.
DrBiggles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Name That Pan Reply with quote

IndyRob wrote:
My wife bought me a pan "because it looked neat". Neither of us knew what it was for. Its basic shape is that of a half-cylinder, about 3"-4" in diameter and maybe 18" long. The ends are closed with flat end plates. There are wire loop handles(?) at the top of each (short) side. The inside is coated with a non-stick material. And it has, um, flutes? Well, think of segmentations of a worm...The sort of pattern a stack of hamburger patties might make if their edges were rounded, and if the stack was pressed sideways into something.

I think it would be good if you wanted to make something like a big Twinkie. But it could be a mold for some sort of terrine or something.

Excellent! Something you can use weekly.

I've got an enamel coated cast iron pan for making pate/terrines. My mother bought it in the early 1960's and it's never been used. Pretty though.

Biggles
IndyRob

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're probably correct, but what would you officially call this thing? 'Terrine pan" on Google brings up very similar - and different things.

Thanks, -R
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum