Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chicken Pendragon.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gareth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: Chicken Pendragon. Reply with quote

I have just created a culinary masterpiece. I started out wanting to cook a meal to take with me, for when I go over to Jacquie's this evening. She works until about 6.30pm and I thought it would be very nice to have a meal already prepared to go with me, so that cooking time will not encroach upon our mid week evening together.

As you have all probably gathered by now, simple and sloppy type meals are a passion of mine. Stews, Hot-pots, Casseroles, Goulashes, Fricassees, Paellas, Curries, Chillis, etc. I love them all. This started out as something to take with me and to reheat just to save a little time, but it has turned out tasting absolutely gorgeous!

Serves four.

Four skinless chicken breasts.

250g smoked rindless middle back Bacon

250g Mushrooms ~ Sliced

1 large bunch of Spring Onions (Scallions ???) ~ finely chopped

1 Red (Bell) Pepper ~ diced

4 large Carrots ~ sliced

450g sweet corn (canned or frozen)

Garlic oil

A little home-made garlic paste

250g frozen peas.

A large knob of butter

2 teaspoons of corn flour

1 litre strong Perry. (a type of Cider made from fermented Pear juice)

Salt and pepper to season.

Dice the chicken breasts and Bacon. Heat the Garlic oil in a frying pan, and when hot add a little garlic paste. Brown off the diced Chicken and Bacon, and while maintaining a high heat add the chopped Spring Onions and the diced Red pepper, stirring it all on the heat for 2-3 minutes, and then add the sliced Mushrooms. Maintain the heat, and continue stirring for another 4-5 minutes.

Add the Perry and bring to the boil.

Add the Carrots, Peas and Sweet Corn.

Turn down to a gentle simmer and cover with a lid.

Continue simmering for about 45 minutes, stir occasionally, adding a little more Perry if required.

Thicken with a Butter and Cornflour Roux.

Serve it with whatever you like, we had it with mashed potatoes and it went extremely well with them, but I think that this main course would also be lovely with a large fluffy fleshed Jacket potato, or with a home-made golden rice mix.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum