Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheese & Potato Pie

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gareth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Cheese & Potato Pie Reply with quote

This one is a fantastic winter warmer and so simple and tasty, that I believe that it is almost a mortal sin not to try it.

Being a typical man, when I do mash potatoes, I do enough for 3 or 4 meals worth (a touch of my one-pot mentality, which also saves a lot of time, energy and washing up!). Day one will be a meal with mashed potatoes, day two will be a Fish, Cottage or Shepherd's pie, day three will be something with Duchessed potatoes, and day four will be cheese and potato pie.

Grate a large amount of a good mature cheddar cheese, and another favourite cheese of your choice. Stilton or other Blue cheeses are good, but so are Goat, Ewe, Buffalo, etc. or other specialty cheeses. ..... .... ..... The choice is all yours!

Take your previously made mashed potatoes out of the refridgerator, and stir in a very large dollop of salad cream, and a teaspoon of Malt or Cider vinegar, then stir in about half or more of the grated cheese.

Fill a ceramic pie dish with the mix and work it with a fork to eliminate any air pockets.

Top the potatoes with the remaining grated cheese, Slice a few button mushrooms and a few tomatoes, and place these on top of the cheese.

Season with a little salt and pepper.

Place in a preheated, hot oven, and bake for about 45-60 minutes, until the cheese topping has turned golden and crispy. The Mushrooms and tomatoes should have cooked, and just sunken into the surface.

Serve with grilled, crispy smoked bacon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum