Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Traditional Chicken Pot Pie
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: sounds great! Reply with quote

mina wrote:
This recipe sounds really good, but I wanted to know if I could use Pillsbury crescent rolls instead of biscuits? And if I did how long should i cook it for?

You can definitely use Pillsbury rolls for the top. My guess is that you may not have to adjust the cooking time or temperature.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This recipe has become my all time favourite food!!

I use potato, carrot, corn and parsley for the vegetables. Leave out the nutmeg, sherry and lemon juice. And top it with puff pastry because I'm too lazy to make my own pastry.

We have chicken pot pie at least once a week.

Thanks for such an awesome yum recipe... I'm addicted!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Post 11th Feb 2008 Lang du Joue Reply with quote

I'm British and came upon this site by accident - receipe looks great and will def try this, but reading down the posts I am helpless with laughter at the above post - I sooooo hope it s a joke! Smile [/i]
Dilbert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heehee. it is a chuckle....

......I sooooo hope it s a joke!
Lang du Joue methinks goes roughly to "Tongue in Cheek"...?
lexm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank you so much for sharing your recipes. They are really great! It is especially nice that they can always be used as a starting point and then modified to each user's individual taste.

For those few of you with negative comments, remember, not everyone likes the same things so perhaps you should remember what you mother hopefully taught you--if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your knowledge with others!

lexm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what was the last picture for??
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
what was the last picture for??

The last picture shows what it looked like after the egg wash was browned. It's hard to tell with the camera I was using back then...
neeki

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject: dough on the bottom? Reply with quote

hi michael, i made this recipe once before with your biscuit dough and it turned out great! i really like pie pastry, especially the stuff on the bottom, and i was wondering if you've ever tried this recipe with the biscuit dough on the bottom as well. i'm trying that out tonight, hopefully it'll turn out well Smile
neeki

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it came out great! your biscuit dough works like a charm, the bottom came out crispy on the outside and moist on the inside, just the way i like it. the baking time wasn't much different too, it took 35 minutes for the top to brown.
kchenry2003

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Chicken Pot Pie Reply with quote

I'm making this chicken pot pie for the second time tonight. My 13 y/o son who doesn't eat anything loves it!

If you are watching calories and saturated fats, I used olive oil as a base for the sauteed veggies and also cut the butter in half and made up the difference in olive oil as the base for the roux. I also used skim milk for the gravy and it all came out great and was very tasty! No one feels deprived and I cut out a lot of calories.

Yum, Yum!!!
Angie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Chicken Reply with quote

How much chicken did u use?
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: Chicken Reply with quote

Angie wrote:
How much chicken did u use?

3 chicken breast halves

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the recipe.
Question: how much does a chicken breast half weigh where you come from? I can get them from 4-12 ounces. Yours look like they're about 6 ounces uncooked...?
Didn't have any sherry so I used whiskey, which goes well with chicken and cream.
Thanks again.
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Question: how much does a chicken breast half weigh where you come from? I can get them from 4-12 ounces. Yours look like they're about 6 ounces uncooked...?

6 ounces is about right. I usually see between 5-8 ounces per half breast.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get the picture of the eggs and oil and whatever the other stuff is in that picture, it's not in the recipe.

I tried the recipe, it's very good. For me the trick was not rolling the biscuit dough too thin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: