Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cheese cake

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mumu33

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: cheese cake Reply with quote

Can some one answer this, on a kraft magz. for a cheesecake you bake it in a 13x 9 pan lined with foil using a graham cracker crust mixture. The recipe says nothing about greasing the foil before you put graham cracker mixture in,in fact they dont even says to grease a spring form pan before you put graham cracker mixture in . Other recipes that use this crust all say to grease pan or foil before adding crust ,(graham cracker crust). So which way are you suppose to do this method? I assume with foil it is to get the cheesecake out of pan better,but wouldnt the crust stick to foil if i dont grease it or even the springform pan?

Mumu
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cheesecake recipe on Cooking For Engineers also does not grease the springform pan. I'm surprised that any graham cracker crust recipe asks you to grease the springform pan since a large amount of butter is contained in the crust (it's usually graham crackers, sugar, and melted butter). It's not going to stick... What might stick is the cheesecake itself (the portion not protected by the crust) but usually you run a knife along that egde to loosen it from the pan during cooling.
mumu33

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: cheesecake Reply with quote

Mr. chu,

Correct me if i am wrong but the new york plain cheesecake you have it does mention to butter bottom of spring form pan. 1/2 for bottom other 1/2 for sides when crust is done? Confused?

Mumu
mumu33

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: cheese cake Reply with quote

Mr. Chu,

Please read my post before.

THanks
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, apparently 2-1/2 years ago I buttered the pan. I don't seem to be doing this anymore, which means it was never really necessary.
mumu33

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you,

Mumu
aniketvichare

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject: sweet dessert Reply with quote

Cheesecake is a sweet dessert consisting of one or more layers. The main, and thickest layer, consists of a mixture of soft, fresh cheese, eggs, and sugar. If there is a bottom layer, it often consists of a crust or base made from crushed cookies, graham crackers, pastries, or sometimes sponge cake.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum