Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rosemary Mascarpone Cheesecake

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dkpickrell

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Rosemary Mascarpone Cheesecake Reply with quote

1/2 lb cream cheese (room temp)- not Philly, too much starch in it and it will crack
1/2 lb mascarpone cheese
1/2 cup berry sugar
250 ml whipping cream
6 fresh rosemary sprigs
1 lemon
2 extra large eggs

The day before heat the whipping cream with rosemary just to a boil and remove from heat. Let it steep overnight in the fridge.

Prepare a 7 inch cake pan by cutting a circle of parchment paper (wax paper is not recommended) to line the bottom. This is important for presentation purposes.

Preheat the oven to 350 deg.

Blend the cheeses in a processor or using a mixer. Be sure the mascarpone combines. The best cream cheese I have found is a Gina Maria brand.

Blend in the sugar ensuring it is well mixed/disolved.

Zest the lemon and add the zest and juice and blend. I like to use a fine micro-plane for zesting as it makes for smaller zest and disolves easily.

Blend in the eggs - 1 at a time.

Strain the whipping cream and blend into the cheese mixture.

Pour into the cake pan. You can level the mix by spinning the pan on a flat surface.

Place the cake pan in a bane marie (water bath) to where the water comes up to about 2/3 the way of the cake pan.

Bake until it is just showing the odd brown hint on the top and is firm.

Chill until firm and then invert it on a plate, removing the parchment paper.

I make a raspberry coulis to serve with it in which I use a 10 oz package of frozen raspberries (frozen is best as you will break down the berries anyway). Heat them with a little sugar (to taste) and 1 tablespoon of pink peppercorns. You may need a little bit of water to get the cooking going. After the berries have broken down use a sieve (not a wire strainer) or cheeseclothe to separate the liquid. Add about a tablespoon of rum to balance it out.

This is really easy to make and is delicious. I hope you folks like it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum