Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cauliflower Cheese Plus

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gareth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Cauliflower Cheese Plus Reply with quote

Gareth's Cauliflower Cheese Plus.

This is one of my all time favourites, and is really a meal in itself. However, from time to time I am not above adding a side dish. Whether that be a few rashers of Smoked Middle Back Bacon and a handful of Mushrooms or a couple of grilled real Kipper fillets (not those hideous dyed and flavoured boil in the bag thingies!)

Serves one.

4oz of Mature cheddar (cubed or grated). I like Cathedral City and/or Pilgrims Choice.

2oz Blue Stilton (any blue cheese will do, but I originate from Stilton country).

6oz Cauliflower Florets. Broken into small pieces

6oz Calibrise tops. Broken into small pieces

1 medium size leek. Thinly sliced

1 Large Knob of butter

1/2 pint of milk.

1 tablespoon Corn flour.

Place the Cauliflower, calibrise and sliced leek into a ceramic oven dish.

Make a roux by melting the butter and adding the cornflower, and then add the Milk and bring to the boil, stir in the Cheddar cheese and when melted stir in the Stilton cheese. Turn the heat down and continue lightly stirring for about 1 minute.

Pour over the Veggies, and then place the dish in a medium temperature oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until you have a crusty cheesey surface.

Serve immediately with warm Crusty bread, and if I am really hungry this is also great to have with a large Jacket potato or two.

The Next Cauliflower cheese plus that I make, I am going to add a few Swiss Chard stalks.

[img][/img]

Last edited by Gareth on Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:05 am; edited 2 times in total
kgb1001001

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Can't figure this one out Reply with quote

OK Gareth, What the heck is a Calibrise? Normally translating the British ingredient names isn't a problem (especially if you're a Anglophile like me and already know what a swede is) but this one has got me stumped...

Kyle
Gareth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: Can't figure this one out Reply with quote

kgb1001001 wrote:
OK Gareth, What the heck is a Calibrise? Normally translating the British ingredient names isn't a problem (especially if you're a Anglophile like me and already know what a swede is) but this one has got me stumped...

Kyle

It is a very popular variety of Broccoli
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum