Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Peanut Butter Cookies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheryl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: PB Cookies Reply with quote

Very good cookies. My 9 year old is very picky and loves them. I've never been able to make a good peanut butter cookie. I followed the recipe card and just skimmed through the directions so it was very easy to follow. I will try other recipes from this site. As far as The Imperial measuring system; Yes it is easier and more accurate to use metric, but the US has been using this system for a long time and it works for us. Until we change over (maybe never) I will continue using cups.
Dee_S

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We made 2 batches, one with the original recipe and one with just the brown sugar for those without a sweet tooth. Both turned out yummy. We also used a perforated tray on the less sweet batch which turned out rather crispy delicious Smile
Betsy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Try dark brown sugar Reply with quote

Try using daark brown sugar. It should result in a cookie that spreads well and is nice and chewy. Not sure of the science, but maybe it has a higher moisture content than the light brown sugar, but not so much liquid as if you substituted molasses?
kevco53

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: just like Mom's Reply with quote

Wow, this looks like Mom's old recipe from when I was a kid 50 years ago. Can't wait to make a batch. Thanks!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: cut-outs? Reply with quote

I have a cookie cutter I want to use with this recipe. Is it okay to roll out the dough, or will it ruin the cookies somehow? Any input would be a big help.

Thanks!
Dilbert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

technically you could roll it out (no too thin, tho) and cookie cutter it

but I suspect you may be disappointed in the results
because
the dough by ingredients and design is intended to "spread" when it gets hot. that's the make a ball and press it with a fork approach.

even if rolled, the dough will spread (hence the not too thin part) and may lose the shape you intended with the cookie cutter.
KennethR

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Peanut Butter Cookies Reply with quote

Instructions, amounts and ease contributed to my first attempt at making cookies. They came out great and I will certainly make again. Thanks!!
chacha_booboo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: great recipe! Reply with quote

After scouring the depths of the internet over several days I took a chance on looking at this site-and am I glad!!!

Peanut butter is more a US than UK thing, so living in England no one seems to have a great recipe for these cookies. I looked on several english sites-but didnt like the sound of the dough, and looked on several US sites-but measurements were in cups!
Your site not only has a great peanut butter cookie dough recipe that is easy to follow, but it breaks it all down at the end and offers the measurements in grams!!! (I love chewy cookies, but had no idea about the chilling thing, and none of the other sites mentioned this, so thank you!!
Thank you so much! I am in the process of baking my 1st batch, and can't wait to try them out Big smile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies Reply with quote

What you don't want to do with the dough for these cookies is to: After rolling the dough into a ball, make a small, deep indentation in the top; fill the indentation with jelly, then bake as usual.

This way of baking the cookies is definitely addictive.
Recipe Mashups

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Made Your Peanut Butter Cookies Reply with quote

I baked this recipe today and the cookies are fantastic. Exactly what I was looking for. And you totally saved me from wasting all afternoon on the Joy of Cooking recipe. Many thanks, you have a new fan. Here's a link to my blog post about your peanut butter cookies: http://www.recipemashups.com/?p=2140 . Cheers!
stazee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: inches Reply with quote

lovely recipe, can't wait to try it!

and oboeman you're a jerk! using inches as a measurement is not a big deal, you obviously have nothing better to do with your time yeah?
Jellynail

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:00 am    Post subject: Homemade peanut butter Reply with quote

Great recipe! For non-US readers and health food buffs, it's worth emphasizing how shockingly simple it is to make your own peanut butter from scratch, provided you have at least a mini food processor. You just process the peanuts with a (surprisingly) small amount of vegetable oil--you only need enough to get things sliding around nicely while you mix. You can make it chunky or smooth by simply mixing less or more. Add salt to taste; if you are using salted peanuts, you will instead probably want to rinse the salt off some of the peanuts first. It has no shelf-life, unlike processed store-bought peanut butters, but since it tastes wonderful and is so quick and easy to whip up when needed, this shouldn't pose much of a problem.
islander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking for a chewy peanut butter cookie recipe is what lead me to this site a few days ago. I am now ready to give the recipe a shot. Now I have read a few other recipes (like 30) and know that this one bakery that made killer chocolate chewy cookies only used egg whites so I am omitting the yolk and think I might make my own peanut butter as mabey that what also gives the 'sandy' texture and am contemplating a 1 Tbsp of corn syrup. What do you guys think? The low heat sounds great and I knew about chilling. So here goes!
sugarbabe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: peanutbutter cookies Reply with quote

I just came across your receipe. I'm going to try and make a batch. When I was in High School, many years ago, we made these cookies in home economic class. We made the plain kind and then we another batch and added hersheys cocoa powder. I can not remember how much. Do you have any suggestions?
Big smile
drshoey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: peanutbutter cookies Reply with quote

best recipe 1 cup peanutbutter 1cup sugar 1egg mix and bake[/b]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: