Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Equipment & Gear: Soda-Club (SodaStream)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dilbert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>What a Twinkie High you must be on!
I don't eat Twinkies. in fact very few sugar treats.

>>You're not anonymous?
no, I am not. I am a registered user with my email, identity, etc., on file to the administration of this site. I am in fact accountable for my posts. you, remaining anonymous, remain unaccountable.

I'm not flaming - that's your warped interpretation of a civil response.
I'm not hiding - I will refute your logic until they pry the keyboard out of my cold dead fingers.

>>fed up with hit and run artists like lucrece, guest x, Chu, and you.
Guest X related no bad experiences with your sodaclubrefill.com association.
nor did Michael Chu,
nor did I.
your imagination runneth over.

>>Surely you as well as everyone is entitled to an opinion, that's what makes this country great.
so everyone except lucrece and Guest X is entitled to an opinion?
what's so special about them?
have you examined your own logic?

>> everyone at her law office has tuned in to observe your neck swelling and fist pounding responses.

(a) I don't for a nanosecond believe any of that. I suspect "they" - if in fact "they" even exist - are professionals and have better things to do that follow your rantings and ravings.
and
(b) "neck swelling and fist pounding" - it is you who are tossing out all the insults and innuendo - and neck swelling your importance as a "Guest with the facts" - which turns out by your own admission - you are a "Guest with no facts"

I'm just calmly and unemotionally refuting your BS.

>> I want to hear the sound of your suspenders popping as you crack open another vial of angina medication. I know this is getting to you. You are so predictable!

I don't wear suspenders, I don't have a heart condition. that is fact - an obvious point you've overlooked in your assumptions and innuendo.

I'm so glad you're amused - you'd better get used to me because I've been doing online sysop'ing / moderating and dealing with shills, trolls and spammers like you since the mid-1980's. I will follow and continue to calmly and politely refute your nonsense & BS for a very, very long time.

oh, I would like to add, my online identify is Dilbert of Dillbert - essentially everywhere - just so you don't confuse me with somebody else - because I will definitely jump in the face of your BS anywhere on the web.

I have the personal ethic to stand up to my opinions and identity - a quality sorely lacking in your case.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so impressed with your moderator, sysop, pukepukepuke resume'. I have a Captain Marvel Decoder AND an original Batman Comic! Beat that you, you, you, Dilbert!

You must love me a lot since you've offered to "follow me around". Where can I mail you a picture of me so you can recognize me as you follow? Really Dilbert as in "Dillbert", how's that C++ code coming? Employer happy or is the project late due to having to focus on me?

Since you're such an eminence on the web, how did you manage to swallow this entire thread, hook, line, sinker, and pole? You are more fun than a Sea World roller coaster.

Let's play a game. We keep typing back and forth, I keep pointing out your penis envy; abandonment issues; sugar highs; pharmaceutical intake; swollen neck; etc. and you can respond by calling me a troll; shill; coward; and whatever else your room temperature IQ can muster. Then, you can examine my messages for typos and publicly note them as your most intelligent feat for the day. Forget the content, in Dilbert's world the content is unimportant.

I look forward to this exchange as I type away, only interrupted by the occasional need to check on my day trading account. No big deal, I'll even dedicate a task window and name it Dilbert. Maybe even attach an avatar to it so it reminds me of the less evolved.

Heck, even my grand daughter is enjoying this. She watches the feed on the big screen in the living room. You're going viral dude! It's now a toss-up between her watching you or Sponge Bob. I keep telling her that Sponge Bob is smarter and funnier but she still wants Uncle Dilbert.

xxxxxxxxxxOOOOOOOOOOOOOOxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dilbert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>> I have a Captain Marvel Decoder AND an original Batman Comic! Beat that you, you, you, Dilbert!
can't beat that. I've matured and given up comic books. But indeed I did enjoy them in my pre-teens.

>>You must love me a lot since you've offered to "follow me around".
not even close. if our paths cross, you'll know about it - because I'll still be Dillbert.

>>Since you're such an eminence on the web
you're the one insisting I put on my glasses - so exactly where did you come up with that?

>>Forget the content
amen.
there is no content - rants, raves, insults, allegations, innuendo - yes.
content - no.
thought – no.

>>so it reminds me of the less evolved
Ah, infinitely civil, indeed.

>>Heck, even my grand daughter is enjoying this.
Poor kid. we have two girls and one boy, as one parent to another, please convey my condolences to her mother.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Dilbert, you can do better than that! If you're going to rant like a school girl, at lease do so with something better.

Are you on your third or fourth Twinkie tonight? They must be affecting your creativity sweetie, just quoting one-liners won't cut it. Then again, the omnipotent moderator sysop wizard of C++ code should know that. You ust be an impostor! I've paid good money for this entertainment, the least you can do is live up to our agreement, I type, you correct spelling errors, screw the content. OK Dilly?

Do you beat your wife? If you do, then I really pity her now, you must really be in a lunatic rage over being late on that C++ project due to dealing with me.

Let's pause this for a couple of hours shall we? I need to go watch the master spinmeister, Obama, your idol!
Dilbert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

works for me - seems like you're rapidly running out of new insults.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dilbert wrote:
works for me - seems like you're rapidly running out of new insults.

No insults Dilly, just pointing out the blatantly obvious. You're just a Chu lackey and public suck-up. You have no backbone; you suffer from typical geek abandonment issues; and you've spent too much time in the basement.

Try getting out some time. Socialize in person as opposed to hiding behind your comfy keyboard. I know you probably spend a lot of time cranking out code for your employer, but eventually you'll be free from those shackles if you invest wisely. Another benefit of socializing in public is that you will develop more useful skills other than pinting out tyypos (here's some for you), or fighting battles for Chu as his paid minion.

Not unlike you, Obama did not disappoint me last night. He stuck to his guns and recycled the same diarrhea of the mouth as you have. Py no attention to the facts, drink the kool-aid and all will be better. One big difference though, at least Obama has enough money that he does not need to tpe at his keyboard all day to earn a paycheck. He also does not feel the need to be a suck-up in order to be loved. While his policies are wrong for our country, he at least has my respect for having a spine.

So Dilly, go back to that keyboard and show us what you've got. Rip out some more good one-liners. Maybe Chu will get fed up and delete this entire irrelevant thread and let us have our own side show. Besides, he's probably getting concerned that this is not relevant to Tempering Chocolate and may not be in tune with his revenue stream.

Flame on little buddy! I just can't wait til you start attacking my mommy. You're so predictable!

xxxxxxxxxxooooooooooooooooxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dilbert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>No insults Dilly, just pointing out the blatantly obvious.
no insults? really? interesting observation.

>>You have no backbone
sez' he who cowardly hides behind anonymous postings.

>>fighting battles for Chu as his paid minion.
fact : I'm not paid for any of this here, nor anything else anywhere else on any web.

>>Maybe Chu will get fed up and delete this entire irrelevant thread
I doubt it.
Go-Aussie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow- I just wanted to find out about sodastreams Amazed at how vicious people are in this forum. Haven't you all got something better to do? How about turn your computer off and get outside and be nice to someone. Crikey!
MikeSpike

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Honestly, sodaclubrefill.com has an excellent product. Reply with quote

It works. 'nuf said.

Having said that, I would invite anyone to try out a Fizz Giz (just google "fizzgiz") and take a look at a very inexpensive & effective home carbonation system. You can use it to carbonate anything in a common soda bottle and the COMPLETE system is under $30 at many places. CO2 cartridges it uses are sold everywhere & have been for 60+years. Nothing proprietary need be bought for use with it. That probably addresses most of the complaints I read in here.

The aussie is right. Make yourself an ice cold soda & chill.
johnathan

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:16 am    Post subject: sodaco2.ccom Reply with quote

I placed an order with sodaco2 and have yet to even receive a reply, much less a product. Has anyone placed an order recently with them?
Canucks 4Evr!

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: sodaco2.ccom Reply with quote

johnathan wrote:
I placed an order with sodaco2 and have yet to even receive a reply, much less a product. Has anyone placed an order recently with them?

Don't hold your breath. That jerk took me for over $130 and never received the product, then had to file a complaint with paypal and had to wait 3 weeks to get my money refunded. Sodaco2.com is a scam. Supposedly the guy builds his stuff in his apartment in san antonio texas.

I went to sodaclubrefill.com and got their fillstationpro-II and it works flawlessly. Although I had to buy the replacement carbonator valve due to the anti refill mechanism in the factory ones, my refills now cost alot less. Here in Canada CO2 from sodastream is almost non existant due to post regulations. Regardless of what you do, get your money back, sodaco2 is a scam and you'll never see a delivery.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:47 am    Post subject: I have to chime up. Reply with quote

Please don't ever delete this thread:P Its for the historians.

I was just generally searching for reviews on either company when I read this and thought it interesting. It really speaks to what can said in an anonymous setting and how much we can really believe on what we read online is true or not.

Anyway, decided to go with a bar gun soda system and to build a ice block cooler out of a min fridge. Though its odd that I cannot see any plans for something like that.
tnk2k

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: sodaco2 issues...? Reply with quote

Hi guys,
This company have some service issues.
1. I ordered a pro fill unit via Paypal and due to software timeout, it defaulted to my old address. I did not catch that until I reviewed the Paypal shipment data.
I immediately sent a change of address query to the sodaco2 email with the order number, my phone, and email.
(The web site says: If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please email our 24 hours a day, 7 days a week support. Responses are usually given within 6-12 hours. )
Well, no replies or phone calls for 2 weeks, then I got a shipment confirmation from UPS going to my old address.
I called one of my friends to intercept and hold the package for me.

2. Once I travelled a few months back to the old address and get the unit... Looked just like what they showed on the web. A whole bunch of O-rings that do not fit any where that I can tell.
The unit does not screw flush by hand as shown in their video, leaks like a sieve if tightened by hand.
Put some electrical tape and using a mini pipewrench , it can now screw down far enough to stop the leak.
(Backing it out shows the lower threads on their pro fill unit rubbed off all the anodized materials as well as some metal. So much for CNC machining)

3. Does not defeat the anti-fill feature. Have to crack the valve just a small portion or you can hear the anti-fill valve slamming shut. Furthermore, the main fill ball valve started to leak on the stem.

So much for the video demo/instruction to fill. Does not match any thing that I experienced with this product.

Full refund in 7 days? Sure if it ships out 14 days later.
Fast response? None or never.
Work as promised? Nope

They were very careful about hiding ALL traces that can lead back to the state/city origin of the company. That would have helped decide from the BBB list. Guess that should have been a big RED flag.

Oh well, buyers beware.
Sad
I Love Fizz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: sodaco2 Reply with quote

This Sodaco2 guy screwed us too. My husband had to threaten court action in order to get our refund for the junk he sold us. After four months of no responses, we finally got the refund. His adapter did not work and his you tube videos are obviously staged. Our credit card company informed us that the guy that owns sodaco2 is named Gair Tyson Lowery and lives in San Antonio Texas I hope this helps. Scammers like these need to be put out of business.
MikeSpike

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: A decent alternative to sodastream is the Soda Stick Reply with quote

Look at http://www.sodastreamalternative.com for the Soda Stick. You can get co2 for it in most cities in America - cheap, generic co2 bottles filled by most anyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: