Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason I was craving Treats tonite but didn't have enough Rice Krispies to make a batch. I ended up mixing Berry Flavoured Rice Krispies with Fruity Cheerios . . . . they're grrrrrreat!! (Sorry - guess I'm channeling Tony the Tiger.)
mvav

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe i just wasted a half hour of my life reading every single comment here--but it was entertaining. Wink I looked up the recipe (and found this site) tonight AFTER making my treats. I was going from my memory and used a whole stick of margarine and lets just say I will never have a problem with my treats getting hard. They are barely sticking together-how disappointing! Now for next time) I am armed and ready with every tip under the sun for the perfect Rice Krispy treats. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Variation Reply with quote

I wanted to vary my "crispy rice" treats, and in the past I've added peanut butter. One of my FAVORITES, is to use White Chocolate Peanut Butter, which I found at my local Kroger, but you can also buy online at http://www.ilovepeanutbutter.com/store/index.cfm. The only thing is, it's kinda expensive! I buy that peanut butter as a dessert treat, usually to eat with bananas (the Dark Chocolate PB is GREAT for that) or on graham crackers. But it was SOOOOOO good in the crispy rice treats!

I'm going to a cookout and I wanted to do something new, and I was searching for different variations. I've seen some people say to add raisins, and one person say dried cranberries. I just now had the idea to add dried cranberries & white chocolate chips! I'll let yall know how it goes, but I think it's going to be pretty good!!!! For some reason I'm not in a chocolate/caramel mood. Plus the person hosting the party isn't allowed to eat milk or dark chocolate, only white chocolate (some weird allergy), so I think it would be a good gesture to the host.
rosew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:22 am    Post subject: a question..... Reply with quote

never made this before......so....when are you supposed to turn the stove off? when you are ready to take the stuff out for cooling?

thx
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: a question..... Reply with quote

rosew wrote:
never made this before......so....when are you supposed to turn the stove off? when you are ready to take the stuff out for cooling?

Sorry for that missing detail. You can remove the pot from the heat once the marshmallows have melted and you're about to stir in the rice krispies.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: White Chocolate/Craisin Reply with quote

SOOOOOOO good! My new favorite!
oldreddog

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Fruit Pizza Reply with quote

Try using this recipe as a base for a fruit pizza. Spread over on parchment paper to make two twelve inch pizza shapes. Cream two 8oz packets of cream cheese with 1/2 cup of granulated sugar,
2 Tablespoons of lemon juice, 2 teaspoons of Vanilla essence and spreadevenly over pizza bases. Top with fresh or canned fruit, eg. thin pineapple slices, sliced strawberries, Mandarin segments etc. Finish with a fruit glaze. Belissimo!
lazy non-baker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: substitution of marshmellows Reply with quote

Can one use marshmellow creme instead of melting marshmellows and butter. Yes this is the ultimate in lazy, I know. Thanks!
Debbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: How about on a popsicle stick? Reply with quote

I'm searching the web while at work and found this cool link.

I never made these before but want to bring them to a Halloween party. How can I make them into popsicles? Do I wait until they'll cool before I cut them into shapes? I'm not sure if I'm going to use a cookie cutter. At what point should I add the stick? I also thought about dipping them into tinted white chocolate.

Thanks! Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who thought making rice crispie treats would require real skill. I have make six batches using a combo of marshmellow fluff and marshmellows. I used spread instead of butter or marg. Help...... My family is in desparate need. :} My husband says stick to cooking baking is not for me and then I told him that it is not a baking recipie lol
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Help...... My family is in desparate need. :}

What exactly is the nature of the problem?
May-may

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made this recipe with Fruity Pebbles for a school Bake Sale. I swear, I made about 80 squares and they were gone in an hour. Big smile I guess the kids liked them!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips!
I was looking for guidance to add cranberries to the RCT's. After chopping the dried berries, I think I'll try adding them to the butter first and then the 'marshmellows'. I'm hoping for pink treats. I'll let you know!

Next time I am going to try the 'pinwheel' method suggested above: rolling the treats flat and then rolling them up with choco chips. That really is the best idea since sliced bread!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+ CRANBERRIES

Add 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried cranberries to melted butter and stir about a minute.

Add marshmellows, etc

The tangy flavor from the berries is released into the butter which then makes the end result something light and refreshing.

Alas, they do not turn pink by this method alone.

Thanks again!
Kat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Rice crispy treat Reply with quote

My mom makes the best rice crispy treats, however whenever I would make them with her recipe they would turn rock hard. I finally learned that I was over cooking the marshmallows. If you melt them slowly and only til they are gooey but still have their shape slightly you will get a perfect treat everytime.
Also the box recipe calls for 1/4 cup butter but they are much better with 1/2 cup.

Big smile Big smile Big smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 7 of 12

Jump to: