Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really have a problem with the rice krispies treats getting soggy. Generally, after a couple days they start to harden up a bit and aren't as soft and easy to eat. Two days will be fine, but they obviously won't be as nice as that afternoon.
Tricky Niki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject: Neat Trick Reply with quote

Another helpful hint I learned... after you put your crispy treat mixture into the pan, wet your hands with cold water and press gently to flatten into all the edges of the pan. The cold water keeps the mixture from sticking to your hands, and cools the treats faster so you can eat them sooner! Smile
Canadian chick

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Check the bag Reply with quote

In defence of the guy who asked "how much 10ozs are in grams" and got the answer of "about 4 cups but check the bag....". In all fairness, our bags of marshmallows don't even mention ounces.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: what did i do wrong Reply with quote

I followed the instructions and they came out heavy, soggy, flat and not crispy. any sugguestions????

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Crispy treats Reply with quote

Our treats turned hard as a rock the next day. We used new marshmallows and cereal. What did we do wrong? Is there anything we can do now? Or just use them as door stops?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Various types of treats... Reply with quote

One of the best versions is to use various types of cereal. My absolue favorite is Cap N Crunch. I know it sounds really sweet, but it is SO good. Coco Krispys, Corn Flakes, Coco Puffs, etc. all make great variants. I once saw a "krispy treat cake" made of all different types of krispy treat squares. So good.
Julie B

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:48 am    Post subject: No Wax Paper??? Reply with quote

I live in China and although I can find Rice Krispies and marshmallows, I usually can't find parchment or waxed paper. So...I use the inner bag in which the Rice Krispies are packaged. I simply lay it over the hot goo and pack down with my hands. Works like a jewel. If the treats stick, it is because the marshmallows are still too hot.
tgoral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: I'm late to the party, but... Reply with quote

A couple of things I've learned from long practice:

Heat the Marshmallows on very low heat stirring constantly (to speed the process) until they just melt. I promise this will result in treats that stay fresh longer. It sounds like many of the commenters above are cooking the marshmallows too long, which leads to problems.

Also, I use the parchment paper method as above, but I also lay a second sheet over the top when I spread the mix out in the pan. Then I roll it very gently with a rolling pin. If you like uniformely sized treats, this is the way to go.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had good luck with the following recipe (no marshmallows):

1 cup white sugar
1 cup white karo (corn) syrup
1 cup peanut butter
6 cups Rice Krispies
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips

Mix sugar and karo syrup together and bring to a boil. Stir in peanut butter. Mix in Rice Krispies. Press in cookie sheet. Melt the chips and spread over top.
Kitchen Designer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Kellogs LCMS (Australia) Reply with quote

I'm from Australia too. Although I don't mind 'Chocolate Crackles' I much prefer the Rice Krispies. In Australia they are called 'LCM's" by Kellogs. Thanks for the great recipe!
Laura

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: rice krispies treats Reply with quote

I live in Mexico, and we can´t find plain rice krispies here. I use choco krispies. I also use plastic molds (for popsicle making) in the shape of hearts. I decorate them with melted white o red chocolate. They´re great for valentine´s day.
shanty831

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: gooey goodness... Reply with quote

I love the treats when they are still gooey, many times though they begin to get hard after one day. The "original" recipe from Kellog states NOT to use a tub-style margarine or butter. However, I have learned that by using a tub-style (I've used both Country Crock and I Can't Believe Its Not Butter), the treats stay soft and gooey until you finish them! It doesn't affect the taste either.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You all suck

lol lol lol lol

Your gay1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're just lashing out because you can't make 'em and your jealous that we can.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: What to do... Reply with quote

I dont know what to do. I have the worst generic rice cereal which is supposed to be puffed but really isnt. I also only have tub margarine and I need to bake these soon...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12

Jump to: