Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
an anonymous reader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually use corn flakes instead of crisped rice... makes for a really different experience.
an anonymous reader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For one, Dioxin is not one single chemical. Two, Dioxin compounds do cause cancer. Three, easy living and the eradication of small pox are just two of the factors that actually contribute to longer life expectancies. To say plastics have any significant bearing on the longevity of the human species duration of life is ridiculous. And four, glass and steel are far superior for almost all cooking tasks, and they are non-porous, unlike plastics, which stain and leave aftertastes. If you spent less time pretending you knew something and actually did some research, you might actually learn something.
an anonymous reader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gf and I were doing a search for Rice recipes for a forum that we belong to and we were please to find this blog. We'll be bookmarking this one to see what else you post!

Thanks for the great recipe!
Jack

Too bad Kellogg's Rice Crispies STILL have High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) in them. Not something I'd put in my mouth.
an anonymous reader

i just made some of these and they r cooling i hope they come out good and yummy
an anonymous reader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must recommend that people make these with Cheerios, and stir in a cup of Reeses Pieces. They are beyond delicous...
an anonymous reader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My kids and I are making some for a charity bake sale this evening. I love the jelly roll idea! I hope they sell like hot cakes. One time my mom and I made these with stale marshmallows and my dad broke his tooth! When you're really lazy, half the recipe and eat them warm off a spoon right out of the pot. I can almost rationalize that it's not much different from a large, late night bowl of cereal. Also, I love that the clean up is such a breeze...all that sticky sugar just melts away with hot water! P.S. For those who may be inclined...don't bother trying a "spread" in place of butter or margarine. The consistancy ends up all wrong.
kbkw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is really yummy! try with a little almond extract..like a half tea or even a whole teaspoon added to melted marshmallows just before you add to the crispy rice.
kbkw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how many cups of mini marshmallows is 10 oz?
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbkw wrote:
how many cups of mini marshmallows is 10 oz?

In general, about four cups. This is dependant on your marshmallow manufacturer though, so check the label on the bag.
Anthea

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Whats in a name Reply with quote

Enjoyed your site very much----You may not be able to use the name Rice Krispy but there could surely be nothing to stop you calling them--- rice crispy cakes -----with no K
Cheshire Cat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mother used to make something similar for us almost 30 years ago, although using a golden syrup mixture instead of marshmallows. I don't have the exact recipe to hand.

I have recently discovered from my wife that this sort of recipe is actually an old Chinese (Taiwanese) royal delicacy from hundreds of years ago - pre-Kellogs, but still using some puffed crisped rice as the base with a syrupy mixture to bind them.

They also flavour it with brow sugar, taro, or even green tea (yuck!)

Steve
Deb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: alternate recipes Reply with quote

Does anyone have a recipe for another version of these things that includes white chocolate, peanut butter and mini chocolate chips? I had some recently called "mudslides" and want to know the proportions for making it myself. It was FABULOUS!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am making some chocolate dipped Rice Krispies Treats (using the brand name and everything!) for a charity bake sale. The sale isn't until Friday, and the Kellog's website says they're best used that day, but that they'll keep for two days. Does anyone know how long these will really last? I was going to make them today, but I don't want them soggy for Friday's sale. Thanks! This site and all these ideas are great! Big smile
*morningstar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a variation of this recipe that calls for 4 oz. (each) of butter, marshmellow, cereal... and toffee. Instead of putting the toffee in afterwards in chunks, it's melted into the butter and marshmellow and produces a really rich, delicious treat. After preparing them with the toffee, I don't think I can go back to the plain ones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: