Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mallow friend

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Thanks Cooking for Engineers Reply with quote

I have visited this page many times since 2006 and have always enjoyed reading the banter and the recipe variations.

Sadly it seems there have been no new additions for 2013

So let me add what has become our annual yule log.

Make one batch following standard recipe. Pour mixture on to a well sprayed oven liner pan. With greased hands press this mixture out to the thinly covering all corners of the liner.

Make a second batch and just before adding cereal add 4 Tbs of cherry gelatin mix (we find that Jell-O brand works best). Mix this powder until the marshmallow/butter mix is a bright red. Add cereal mix well. Pour/spread this mixture on top of the first batch waiting in the oven liner.

Wait a few minutes or until the two layers begin to firm up but are not yet firm. Then begin to roll from the short edge, just as you would making a jelly roll.

While the roll sets up melt chocolate flavored almond bark, use your preferred method melting being careful not to scorch. Once the chocolate almond bark is in a thick liquid state you are almost ready to ready to pour.

At this point you could be neat and slice the uneven ends from the roll, it makes for a nicer looking log.

As you pour the chocolate almond bark over the roll be sure to cover fully and evenly.

Wait for chocolate almond bark to harden before slicing.

Enjoy.
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still alive and still cooking when I get a chance. I don't get to run as many experiments as I'd like with my hectic schedule (baby three weeks away!) or just to sit down and write. I've got a bunch of articles in the pipeline, but it just seems to have stalled a bit during the last year or more. Don't worry, at some point, I'll be back with new recipes that I've tested the hell out of and more.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:01 am    Post subject: Rct projects Reply with quote Delete this post

After spending the last hour reading every single post, btw I've loved it, I thought I'd kick in my two cents. To everyone wondering if you can use rice krispie treats as a cake base, yes you absolutely can! As a matter of fact I'm doing a Jack skellington (from the nightmare before Christmas movie) with rct, covered in chocolate melts and fondant. I love this place, and truly wish more people posted! Looking forward to seeing more awesome posts Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: