Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soccerdot4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another awesome variation is to spread the mixed treats very thinly over parchment.(I use a buttered rolling pin.) Spread over this melted chocolate chips and peanut butter. Roll it up (like a jelly roll) and then slice. Yummy, , crunchy,chocolaty, peanut-buttery pinwheels!
Le laquet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have "Mars Bars" wherever in the world you are? I make these (with puffed rice or corn flakes) and melted Mars bars - delicious!!
kd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys need to be more precise. Puffed Rice is a very different product made in a very different process and would make highly unsatisfactory Treats. I believe Quaker makes the most well known brand of Puffed Rice. You must use a CRISPED rice cereal, whether chocolate or plain.

And please stop with the dioxin nonsense. The rates of cancer are not rising... our life expectancies are rising like crazy, and cancer is a disease of older age. Dioxin, as Victor Yushenko can tell you, causes some horrible skin symptoms, but really does not kill you. If indeed plastics were to blame for a horrible death rate, none of us born since the 1940s would have lived to be 50. Have you read the papers lately to see how many 100-year-olds are still around?

Please continue to use plastics. They are responsible for lengthening our life expectancies and provide for a much higher quality of life than any of our ancestors could even have imagined.

kd
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kd wrote:
You guys need to be more precise. Puffed Rice is a very different product made in a very different process and would make highly unsatisfactory Treats. I believe Quaker makes the most well known brand of Puffed Rice. You must use a CRISPED rice cereal, whether chocolate or plain.

Thanks kd,
You are correct. Puffed rice is very different and I have updated the article now to correct this error.
an anonymous reader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any suggestions for those of us in parts of the world where you can't buy marshmallows?
an anonymous reader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this with Fruity Pebbles. It's like a bad crack addiction! Wink
Emanuelez

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No marshmallows here in Italy Sad
Jamie Dawn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this site!!!! Thanks for providing me with easy steps and pics too. My kids can cook for ME now.
an anonymous reader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marshmallow Recipe
Majromax

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My grandmother has a recipe much like this, and she also has an interesting variation on it. Double the condensed milk/chocolate ratio, and insted of setting into fudget it will set into a very, very thick syrup.

Microwave, and serve over ice cream.
an anonymous reader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really need a better picture of the Kellogg rice krispie treats. I couldn't even identify the cereal in the bars. The cereal is mashed beyond all recognition. You might want the instructions to read, "toss"cereal in melted marshmallow till covered.
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

re: Marshmallows

In response to the inquiries about marshmallow challenged environs, I have posted a new article on making marshmallows at home (without egg whites in case there is an egg safety issue in your location).
an anonymous reader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE: trademark infringement

We used to call them marshmallow crispies, sometime even if we used Rice Krispies.

RE: the comment about Mars bars

In the US, Mars bars are a chocolate-covered almond nougat bar. I believe they are something different in other countries.
an anonymous reader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

US Milkyways are like our Mars Bars chocolate nought topped with carmel covered in chocolate. UK Milkyways soft fluffy white nought and are chocolate covered.
an anonymous reader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get your hands messy. If you're having trouble with the rice krispies sticking to the spoon, run the spoon under cold water and then use the backside to flatten and smooth. (A large stainless steel spoon works nicely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: