Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
~Julia~

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: I NEED HELPPPP!! Reply with quote

I need some help with making these! i need to make them now and i dont know how to make them with jet puffed marshmallow cream and i need help because i cant find a recipe that uses that and that is all i have at the moment so if someone would pleeze help me!! much appreciated. Disbelief
BlondeinMi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Storing Rice Krispy treats question? Reply with quote

I want to FREEZE my rice krispy treats. I did it already. I wrapped each square with waxed paper, placed them in a 1 gallon bag or two,
and frozen them all. I just tried one.........Very Good, cold, but chewy s Huh? till because it really doesn't freeze solid. I like rice krispy treats but not for the fact that they only last two days in an air tight container. Has anyone else froze the treats??
BlondeinMi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: I NEED HELPPPP!! Reply with quote

~Julia~ wrote:
I need some help with making these! i need to make them now and i dont know how to make them with jet puffed marshmallow cream and i need help because i cant find a recipe that uses that and that is all i have at the moment so if someone would pleeze help me!! much appreciated. Disbelief

I just used jet puff marshmellow for the krispy squares. The jar is more than the required marshmellow recipe though. I used all of the 13 oz. jar and added 1/2 c. of butter to melt together, then added 6-7 cups of rice krispies...............gotta try to find out!!
Blu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: The best RK Treats are made with Reply with quote

REAL butter, a whole stick, a whole bag of marshmellows, and a whole box of cereal. Butter or spray your 9x13 pan, and they won't stick. No need for wax or parchment paper.
Emily

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The local grocery store here in Chiang Mai, Thailand has been featuring marshmallows as their new "imported" food which got me to thinking about crispy treats.

Reading these comments, with a few exceptions, has been highly entertaining and will result in some new ideas for an old favourite. Really like the idea of the pinwheels and the pizzas!
first timer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: first timer Reply with quote

I am making these treats for international day, we live in Dubai and are representing the U.S.A. I wasn't sure how to make them, but after encountering this site, I feel prepared. Thanks for all the good tips!
berkleweed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: hearts Reply with quote

want to make rice krispy hearts for my children's valentines day school parties. saw some in a store that were dipped in chocolate (just the top) then drizzled with white chocolate, with red candy sprikles stuck to the white chocolate. very pretty. i am going to give it a try.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Krispie Valentine's Day treats Reply with quote

I plan on making these tonight and since I love to make candy, I thought I too would dip them into chocolate or better yet drizzle them with milk chocolate with a little red chocolate to add some color. I might add a tiny bit of red food coloring to the marshmallow/butter mix... not sure about that just yet.
Aunt Jenny

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: High-Class Rice Krispie Treats Reply with quote

The NYTimes featured this recipe for Caramelized Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treats, and they are AWESOME:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/31/dining/311hrex.html?scp=1&sq=caramelized+brown+butter&st=nyt

The best version of these that I made was when I stirred in a spoonful of Penzey's Vietnamese Cassia Cinnamon just before mixing the goo with the cereal; absolutely divine.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: What's wrong with my krispies treats? Reply with quote

Hi.. I already tried to make this yummy krispies treats after craving it for so long. They used to have it here in Malaysia under Kellog's label but I am not sure why I could find it in stores anymore. Anyways, as I was searching for the recipe, I am glad that I found this site.

Ok, first thing is, I made the marshmallow from scratch based on your recipe also, thanks to that, because I couldn't find plain marshmallows nearby, only found those with flavored. Somehow my electric mixer malfunctioned, so since I wanted to do it so much, I mixed it myself using wooden spatula and whisker. Later, after mixing it for about an hour till it turned fluffy, which I am not sure it's fluffy enough, I started doing my krispies treats recipe by heating the butter and added my already melted marshmallow.

Anyways, after I added the rice krispies, it was crispy at first, but later after I put it inside the tray, it turned out to be a bit chunky, chewy and took a lof of effort to chew. What's wrong with it? Is it because of the marshmallow? Do I need to leave the marshmallow to harden first before I use it for the krispies, and then melted it with butter or, is it because I added the rice krispies inside a hot bowl? Help!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Soggy Reply with quote

Any tips to make them nice and gooey without making the cereal soggy???
Jerilynn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: Has anyone ever covered crispy treats with fondant? Reply with quote

I am making my daughter's 1st birthday cake and it is going to be a carosel. The canopy of the carosel is going to be made of rice crispy treats and I want to cover it with white fondant so that it will match the frosting on the cake. Does anyone know if the fondant will take the moisture out of the crispy treats or should I lightly frost the crispy treats with frosting before using the fondant? Any help will be greatly appreaciated!! Thanks!!
mrscat

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: annoying comments Reply with quote

I'm really not sure who "polices" this web-site, but perhaps they should remove inappropriate or obviously childish comments that are posted and have nothing to do with recipes. Allowing comments like this to stay on the postings is silly and distasteful.
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: annoying comments Reply with quote

mrscat wrote:
I'm really not sure who "polices" this web-site, but perhaps they should remove inappropriate or obviously childish comments that are posted and have nothing to do with recipes. Allowing comments like this to stay on the postings is silly and distasteful.

I try to read every comment posted, but the decision to delete a comment is a difficult one. My preference is to leave comments posted up so long as it is not blatant spam, link baiting, or exceptionally hateful. I'd like people to think that I'm not acting as a filter or censor.
Kathy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: baby shower Reply with quote

I read that you can make these into a ball and then add a pospicle stick to look like a baby rattle. Has anyone tried it and if it's wrapped in cellophane will it stay fresh longer than 2 days?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12

Jump to: