Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Waffle irons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shackdaddy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Waffle irons Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm new to the group and I love waffles. I'm interested in learning how to create custom plates for waffle irons. My end goal is to create custome waffle plates and in particualr plastes for a texas shaped waffle. I have found a company who makes them but they only sell them to large organizations like hotels and universities.

My plan is to create plates to swap out for an existing waffle maker like black and decker, cusinart or some other common brand machine.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I might go about creating custom waffle iron plates?

Thank you.
GaryProtein

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should check with cast iron (or aluminum) fabricators. I'd prefer cast iron to uncoated aluminum. You would need to make a prototype and from that point on, they could be cast in the same manner as cast iron pots and pans, using a sand mold. Maybe the Lodge company would help you out.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Found what you're looking for... Reply with quote

Just a heads up... saw on eBay today a Texas waffle maker.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TEXAS-SIZE-TEXAS-WAFFLE-MAKER-YUMMY-WAFFLES-TEXAS-GIFT_W0QQitemZ140155484295QQihZ004QQcategoryZ20683QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
AdmNaismith not signed in

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought myself a used Nordicware Waffle Iron at auction and I have been playing around with in for the past two days. (Mmm...Waffles with strawberries and cream..)

Does anyone know just how much batter the plates hold?
Should the iron be flipped right away upon filling, or allowed to bake for a minute before flipping?

Any other analog waffle tips would be appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum