Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mixer speeds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mumu33

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: mixer speeds Reply with quote

Hi,

I know this question might be stupid to the expr. bakers , but to myself a newbie in baking it bothers me. My question is when a recipe tells you how to prepare it usually tells you what mixer speed to use, well in the ones i want to use it doesnt mention anything on the speeds, so how do you know what speed to use? I have a 9,7, and 3 speed hand held mixer and a stand mixer. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appr. What am I not understanding?

Thanks,
mumu
GaryProtein

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mixer speed to use is dependent on what you are mixing. If, for example, you are adding the dry ingredients like flour to the wet ones, use a slow speed until everything is incorporated, then up to medium. If mixing wet ingredients, I usually use medium. If I am making whipped cream or beating egg whites, I'll use high. Consider your nine speed mixer to be a three speed (high medium, low) with tweaking room.
mumu33

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum