Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheap & Easy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Favorite Foods
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gue0

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Cheap & Easy Reply with quote

I like Ramen at 10¢ a packet. But it is bland and minimally nutritious without a little help. So per packet I add the following ingredients:

1/2 stalk celery
2 large button mushrooms, diced
1 chopped scallion or green onion
1 tbsp. butter (not margarine!)
flavor packet (that came with the noodles)
a dash of cayenne, red pepper or I prefer mincing a bit of fresh habanero
oh, and add the noodles last so they won't turn to mush before everything else is done

...then there comes the choice of proteins:
I will start with either a piece of fish, chicken breast, tofu, or just plain egg.
Both the chicken and fish need be cooked prior to anything else and this gives you a nice stock to start with. The tofu and/or egg need to go in just before the noodles. Of course you can use rice noodles and bouillon instead of Ramen if you want to splurge.
danicamoore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I love grilled eggplant together with spicy vinegar. Well all of this comes from my own garden so I spend less money with this one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Favorite Foods All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum