Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does Dr Pepper contain prune juice?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Useless Stuff Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Does Dr Pepper contain prune juice? Reply with quote

Article Digest:
There's a common rumor that says that Dr Pepper (a carbonated soft drink) contains prune juice. The company claims it does not, but it does have cherry flavoring which may account for the taste that people claim is prune flavored.
largejunglecat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: the ingredients list Reply with quote

The ingredients list on the back of a can of Dr. Pepper simply says "natural and artificial flavors." So, at the most I would think that it might contain some prune derived flavoring chemicals. I'd think that if it actually contained prune juice they would have to list it on the can in case someone is allergic to prunes.
AdmNaismith

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Pepper is all the flavors of the fountain. The original idea was to create a soda that tasted like a soda fountain smelled when you first walked in. You are likely to get vanilla, cola, cherry, chocolate and other common flavors. The Prune Juice thing is a pernicious rumor with no basis in fact
youngcook

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so. Big smile The thing says it nowhere, don't taste like it, don't smell like it.

Last edited by youngcook on Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Synthetic Forms of Vitamins C, A and E can be Potentially Reply with quote

Synthetic Forms of Vitamins C, A and E can be Potentially Dangerous.

Scientific studies have proven that the synthetic form of Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) can actually thicken the arterial walls of the heart by as much as 2.5 times. Other synthetic forms of Vitamins A, E, etc, can be potentially just as dangerous.

About 40% of North Americans are currently taking a multi-vitamin and do not realize synthetic vitamins are so much different from whole food vitamins.

A whole food vitamin comes right from the vegetables and fruits we eat and has many things attached to it that make it a “whole vitamin”. When we purchase synthetic vitamins, they are manufactured in a lab and the body cannot use them because they are stripped of all the other components that make a vitamin whole. As a result, the body must pull these missing nutrients from other parts of the body just to be able to utilize these synthetic vitamins.

The Greatest Vitamin in the World is proud to have created the highest standard when it comes to nutritionally supporting a healthy body. We don’t just consider whole food vitamins; we have also considered the extreme importance of giving the body chelated minerals, vegetable enzymes and probiotics, which can be equally as important when it comes to nutritional support.

Educating yourself about nutrition is important to your health and well-being. Please check our web site to learn the shocking truth about many of the vitamins on the market today
GaryProtein

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youngcook wrote:
I don't think so. Big smile

What do you base your statement on?
youngcook

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't read it anywhere , don't taste it anywhere.
Thor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for your luck Daniel22. But I've never heard a claim that Dr. Pepper causes PE. Nor have I heard that if an anti-PE drug is taken with Dr. Pepper that improved results are achieved.

Hope you don't have ED to go with your PE. PEED would really suck.
nicu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might have like min 1% natural prune juice, that doesn't impress me a bit.
gordman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes two of us...
Thor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: Secret Ingredient Reply with quote

I recently attended a party at which a young man claimed his dr. pepper exhibited 24 flavors. He made no claims relative to the original 23 flavors. He did prove that his beverage exhibited a 24th flavor: vodka. Oddly, it was surprisingly yummy.
Timada42

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: noup.... Reply with quote

The formula for Dr. Pepper is proprietary, but I really think that prune juice is definitely not one of the ingredients. It is a blend of many spices and flavor extracts. And I think even the color is supplied by caramel especially made for the product.
..............................................................................................
Timada

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: does dr pepper contain prune juice? Reply with quote

my grampa used to pour prune juice into 7up or sprite, and when I was a kid-I thought it tasted like dr pepper then- will have to try it again.
WCS Gorilla

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: RE: Dr Pepper Reply with quote

The ORIGINAL Dr. Pepper drink, before it became what it is today, did contain prune juice.

You could serve the drink chilled, OR warmed up! However, with the carbonation that it has today, I would suggest to not heat it up.

The change occured in the three years time that I was off fighting for my country in SouthEast Asia.
mmontenaro79

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Dr. Pepper Reply with quote

In the US, no. Cannot vouch for how it is made in other regions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Useless Stuff Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: