Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hot + Cold Dish. Anyone seen one?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Answer:42

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Hot + Cold Dish. Anyone seen one? Reply with quote

OK, fellow engineers, here's what I'm looking for: A two part individual serving dish that connects/comes apart in the middle. One half is oven safe, e.g. Pyrex, the other half has a double wall filled with freezer gel, e.g. blue ice or the stuff that comes in the roll-around ice cream maker. The connection between the two is an insulator. You can prepare a hot dessert in the one half, e.g a fruit pie or an apple crisp, freeze the other half and put ice cream in it. Put the two halves together for serving. Then the hot dessert won't melt the ice cream (don't you hate it when that happens?). I can imagine how this could be done, but I'd like to know if anyone has seen such a thing anywhere.
DrBiggles

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Hot + Cold Dish. Anyone seen one? Reply with quote

Answer:42 wrote:
OK, fellow engineers, here's what I'm looking for: A two part individual serving dish that connects/comes apart in the middle. One half is oven safe, e.g. Pyrex, the other half has a double wall filled with freezer gel, e.g. blue ice or the stuff that comes in the roll-around ice cream maker. The connection between the two is an insulator. You can prepare a hot dessert in the one half, e.g a fruit pie or an apple crisp, freeze the other half and put ice cream in it. Put the two halves together for serving. Then the hot dessert won't melt the ice cream (don't you hate it when that happens?). I can imagine how this could be done, but I'd like to know if anyone has seen such a thing anywhere.

Ah, the commerical food industry is filthy with them. Check your local Craigslist or used commerical equipment distributor. Prolly aint' cheap from them, though, eh?

Biggles
Answer:42

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: Hot + Cold Dish. Anyone seen one? Reply with quote

Quote:
Ah, the commerical food industry is filthy with them. Check your local Craigslist or used commerical equipment distributor. Prolly aint' cheap from them, though, eh?

Biggles

Thanks. I have seen some hot/cold servers that can be used for large quantities. What I was looking for was a dish for a single serving. Each guest would get their own. Have you seen anything like that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum