Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does anyone have a good idea for a sandwich?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
claire909

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Yummy sandwich Reply with quote

Slinky Malinky wrote:
Plain and simple...

1 6" lengths baguette
2 tbsp honey mustard
4 oz good ham
4 thin slices cheddar cheese
1 granny smith apple, sliced

Cut the bread in half lengthwise. Smear mustard on each slice. Put the ham in the oven or microwave just long enough to heat through.

Layer 2 oz of ham on each baguette half, top with half the sliced apple and 2 slices of cheese. Put under a broiler until the cheese is melty and toasty and brown. Serve open-faced.

Thanx for the nice recipe.
i will try it .
danicamoore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st
3 hard-cooked eggs which are peeled and finely chopped
½ c. of Best Foods Mayonnaise
1 tablespoon of finely chopped green onion
Salt and pepper to taste
And 10 slice of egg bread.

2nd
1 c. of chopped cooked chicken
¾ teaspoon salt
1/3 c. Best Foods Mayonnaise
1 tablespoon of chopped green onion
2 tablespoons of toasted and chopped almonds

Choose what you like. This sandwich recipe called: English Tea
petroskar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try brown bread slices portobello mushrooms grilled or chauted champignions with 1-2 fresh mozzarella slices italian ham or hamon jerano some drops of REAL balsamic vinegar or balsamic cream (which comes more handy at times) and a few drops of black-truffle oil almost forgot add some fresh rocket leaves and a bit of minced basil. It got me through summer... Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a 70 year old widower with little patience and a lot of daily volunteer work, I have no time for anything complex. So, I do love quick sandwiches.

Honey, peanut butter, and raisen bread--a perfect combination.

Mix 50:50. Since honey and PB have long shelf lives and do not need refrigeration, I mix up a batch about a cup each in a tupperware tub.

Plaster thick on raisen bread, put in baggie, grab some fresh fuit and a small V8 juice can, and you're out the door in a minute. The mixture will last on the shelf for months.

And, it's a healthly lunch.
frosty256

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuna sandwich with a twist. Mix the tuna with humus instead of mayo. It sounds strange, yes, but it works very well. Put it on wheat bread and top it with lettuce, onion and tomato, and it's incredible.
A variation I use if I'm making it for later: instead of mixing the humus with the tuna, spread it over the inside of the bread. This creates a boundary between the contents of the sandwich and the bread, keeping the bread from getting soggy.
chris21

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Does anyone have a good idea for a sandwich? Reply with quote

The sandwich I currently love is simple avocado and tomato with maybe some crispy bacon though I'd rather have the bacon non-crispy in a toastie with roast tomato.

For the avocado & tomato sandwich:
Good dark brown bread with rye, thick cut, spread not too much with creamy butter. Avocado to be 'fan' sliced, very lightly sprinkled with salt and a touch of lemon juice. Tomato (prep about 15 mins in advance) thin sliced, sprinkled with a touch of salt, fresh black pepper (plenty of it for my taste buds) and a drizzle of olive oil.
On a nice hot day with chilled cloudy apple juice in the shade of a tree looking out over the ocean - pure heaven!
titanx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avocado mashed and spread with salt paper. a slice to tomato lime juice and buttered wheat bread
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum