Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eggy taste

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> General Food Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Eggy taste Reply with quote

It seems like every time I bake something, it ends up just tasting like eggs. I tried the biscotti recipe to a 't' and it tasted eggy. I tried Alton Brown's pate a choux recipe; eggy again.

I'm using regular grade a large eggs. Is there some baking secret I've missed out on?
Pickles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what is standard over in the US however you might try reducing the egg. try using a medium egg instead.

I don't know if its just me but egg sizes have been getting larger and larger over the last few years, so what was once a standard size is now most likely a small or something!
SirSpice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the taste of eggs, so I probably wouldn't mind, but it also depends on where you live. I've had eggs in another country that had a lot more flavor than the ones I get here. You could also try cutting some of the yolk out of the recipe and use more egg white.

But again, I like the taste of eggs so I probably wouldn't notice if something tasted more eggy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> General Food Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum