Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heat retentive plates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will it help?
yes
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

jjrb230

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Heat retentive plates Reply with quote

Please see:

http://www.heatretentiveplates.com

For a ceramic plate that you preheat just one minute, stays hot for 30 minutes and that you can handle with your bare hands.
Based on blackbody radiation and the Stefan-Boltzmann law.

Instructions on how to make them are posted.

I will answer any technical questions and welcome any opinions.
These plates really help enjoy good cooking. I use them everyday (Not for sale yet).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SusanHarper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting...

Good work.

Best regards.

Susan.
jjrb230

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: HEAT RETENTIVE PLATES Reply with quote

I am negotiating with manufacturers that are interested in licensing the technology. They will be in the market for sure in 2007.
Thank you for your comment Susan.
Best regards.
Juan J. Ramirez
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jjrb230

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: HEAT RETENTIVE PLATES Reply with quote

I have been awarded the patent 7176426, you can see it at:
I am beginning to call it also InstaHot Plate Since it gets hot so fast
Please see:
http://www.heatretentiveplates.com
or just type "heat retentive plates" in GOOGLE
tolookah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but... if the plate doesn't radiate said heat but stays warm for that long, what is the use? by being able to not burn your hands (you say it is handleable by bare hands) how is it going to warm your food?

and congrats on the patent! It's a grueling process.
jjrb230

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: INSTAHOT HEAT RETENTIVE PLATE Reply with quote

Answer:
The plate gets very hot in one minute because it contains a new composition of matterial (Also patent pending), only the rim remains cool, it captures lots of energy in just one minute and releases it at a controlled rate (Of course it releases heat).
actually the plate itself is a "microwaveable heat storage device", I could not explain here, please see:http://www.heatretentiveplates.com My family and I have been using and testing the prototypes for about 2 years. IT DOES WORK. We are negotiating with several compamies that are interested in bringing it to the market.
You will love it, after all cooking is about enjoying food and as far as I know this is the first plate in history that improves any recipe.
(After cooking your best recipe, what else you can do?... serve it on the best plate you can find).
Just this past weekend we took it to an international trade show in Chicago and the feed back was very positive. I'm sure you will hear more about my invention.
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems particularly useful for dishes like prime rib where the meat needs to stay above a certain temperature for the juices to keep flowing (and not congeal) and for the fat to stay moist (and not harden when cooled to room temperature).

How thick are your plates? Are they dishwasher safe?
eltonyo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job jjrb230! Hope your patent goes well, and makes you loads of money.

Speaking of patents.... Did Michael Chu ever get that "recipe format" patent thing that he was going for?

Just curious.
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eltonyo wrote:
Speaking of patents.... Did Michael Chu ever get that "recipe format" patent thing that he was going for?

Still waiting... My first patent (an method for gesture recognition using stereo cameras) took about 5 years from file to grant.
jjrb230

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: INSTAHOT HEAT RETENTIVE PLATES DEADLINE Reply with quote

Yes, the plate is excellent for steak (It is thicker than normal cold plates). Everything started because I hate cold tortillas and developed a tortilla warmer, but then I realized that I could develop a plate and patent it since plates are used by everybody of all cultures, ages, gender, etc. (WORLDWIDE MARKET)
Now I made also prototypes for a coffee mug that keeps your coffee hot without overheating it, gravy boats can be made, etc. I hope they are ready for this "Thanks Giving".
several companies are interested in manufacturing the products, including companies from overseas.
Companies are doing: Market studies, prototyping, etc.(I continue doing research also).
Nobody has written a check yet and the deadline for entering national phase of the Patent Cooperation Treaty is Sep 18 2007 or the world wide market will be lost there is still a chance for a company with vision to bid
These plates will eventually replace traditional cold plates and will sell by word of mouth (I am betting on this).
Forgive me, I do not want to be pompous, but this is a breakthrough and even a milestone in the history of the ceramic plate. I believe it really.
Yes, they are dishwasher safe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Anything Goes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum