Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boneless leg O lamb roast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Cooking Tips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
srfkatz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Boneless leg O lamb roast Reply with quote

Should I try this just like the Standing Rib Roast?, or do you have other tips?. The Rib came out perfect.
Thanks
GaryProtein

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a boneless leg of lamb and standing rib roast are similar, but the leg of lamb, to my taste anyway, needs to be cooked to a higher internal temperature/doneness than the beef roast. I like a rare to medium rare rib roast, but prefer the lamb done medium. (Rack of lamb I like rare/medium rare, but leg of lamb needs more cooking to my taste.) If you do it rare/medium rare like the beef roast and then think the lamb needs to be done more, you can just put it back in the oven and cook it longer, but if you were using the 225F degree oven the beef roast was cooked at, you may be waiting a fair length of time for it to finish. Alternatively, you could put it back in a 350F oven and probably another 15-20 minutes, depending on the lamb size should do it, especially since you've already cut in half and tasted it, you will probably have two smaller pieces to continue to cook.
srfkatz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks; I ended up cooking it to 135 It came out wonderfull. As it sat it reached 138. I set my oven at 175 and it cooked about 3 1/2 hours, after searing it. It was still pink all the way through and juicy. Over all a very good meal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Cooking Tips All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum