Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Waterless cookware" vs. the other multi-ply stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alisha

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: waterless cooking is just marketing? Reply with quote

Not necessarily in my opinion... Though I don't understand why all those waterless cookware only have plastic handles, if they are 7 or even 9-ply already for both the bottom and body. Stainless handles match their prices better.

As for ordinary high-end cookware, I guess they help people without high cooking skills cook tasty meals more easily. And, they are eye pleasing compared to cast iron...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dilbert wrote:

and exactly what is the deal with no water? no fats/oils I can understand - that's the realm of non-stick cookware.

waterless cookware is just a marketing ploy to get people to pay a lot of money for a product quality readily available at Walmart that has a one-tenth price tag.

I see what you're saying, it's a strange concept, but as an owner of waterless cookware myself, I can say it is worth the money. I found a site (cited below) that explains it well, and offers recipes...

"it is designed with multiple layers of metal to evenly distribute heat to retain more moisture. It is known for "healthy cooking" as there is no added water; therefore foods retain more of their vitamins and minerals, which they loose when cooking with water. Food tastes and looks better because it retains more of the natural flavor and color. Waterless cooking is also energy efficient because you never cook over high heat; medium or low only and the food is in a vapor seal pan which shortens the cooking time."

(apparent spammer link deleted)

Overall, very healthy and worth the investment. Just my opinion...! Smile
Dilbert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Guest -

I'm afraid an engineer needs more than wholesale marketing gobblely gook to believe in it.

>>it is designed with multiple layers of metal
each layer a few microns thick. I've handled the stuff, live, in person, first person self. it's cheap, it's flimsy, it's as lightweight as you can get.

multiple layers? see Tri-Ply

>>multiple layers of metal to evenly distribute heat to retain more moisture.
please explain how multiple layers retains more moisture. metal is a perfect oxygen and moisture barrier. no oxygen and no H2O molecules can pass through a metal. one layer is a perfect barrier. multiple layers does not a more perfect barrier create.

>>Waterless cooking is also energy efficient because you never cook over high heat;
happy horse pucky. I've not yet seen a pot or a pan that controls the heat on the cooktop. they make knobs for that - the cook twists the knobs, the pan does not twist the knobs.

glad you're happy with your pans - but the marketing hype is utter BS and the pans are grossly overpriced in typical MLM fashion.

I have deleted the link because, in stark contrast to your statements and claims, the link does not explain anything about the cookware other than how to order from, I presume, your company.
kitchen boy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who know the best well known brand on waterless cookware market ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum