Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rachael Ray Recipes on the Run!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NGT826

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Rachael Ray Recipes on the Run! Reply with quote

Introducing Rachael Ray Recipes on the Run- a new wireless application allowing AT&T subscribers to download “Yum-O” recipes from “sammies” to “stoup” directly to their wireless phone!
To find out more about this exclusive offer, check out http://www.att.com/recipesontherun

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't figure out if this message is a public servic announcement from a reader of Cooking for Engineers that is porly worded so it sounds like advertising copy (aka spammy) or if it is real spam... It seem relevant, but sounds so much like spam
Thor

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Spam Reply with quote

If it looks like a duck. . . . .

Of course, a little pan fried spam with some mustard, tator tots, and baked beans would be quite yum-o.

They've updated their website:

http://spam.com
Ishbel

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I vaguely know what Spam is (thanks, Monty Python!) - but tator tots?
LAN3

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tater Tots... how to explain them...

Well, Tater is shorthand for Potato, especially in the south. Tater Tots are these bite-sized cylinders of shredded potato. They're tricky to make without machinery, I once discovered, so unless otherwise indicated, they're a manufactured product. Figure a cylinder that's oh, 2.5cm tall, 2 cm in diameter (perhaps less). It is fried on the surface (yeah probably deep-fried) until golden-brown, and then baked to cook through, so it'll have a crispy outside and an inside like baked potato. When hot, they're good enough with salt and pepper, but are also good with virtually anything that French Fries are good with, especially spice-wize.

There are also such things as tater-tot casseroles, which use tots as the bulk starch. But in general they're a side dish, sometimes reserved for kids. (But that's wrong, because they're good!) They make excellent bar food.
Thor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Tots de Tater Reply with quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tater_Tots
Ishbel

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhhh.... I remember an American friend explaining them to me... I obviously managed to wipe the description from my memory banks!
Thank you both.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum