Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Grilled Artichokes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
just me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: re: your site Reply with quote

Totally kicks ass !!
Largo FL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Great website Reply with quote

This site is great- as soon as I saw the headline (analytical cooking) I felt like I was home!
This artichoke recipe looks like something I can do, unique in comparison to the other artichoke links I found.
I bought an artichoke today and I'd be cooking it right now if I had some veggie mayo. Any other dips that are easy and vegetarian?
Margaret

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank you for an outstanding primer on preparing and eating an artichoke. I ordered a steamed artichoke at a restaurant last night and now I know that the parts that I ate are OK. I did chew the fibrous leaves but didn't swallow the leftover fibers.

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great article--thanks! I saw fresh baby artichokes at Publix yesterday and plan to grill them. Not something you come across every day in Nashville.
scoobster

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: grilled artichokes Reply with quote

WOW... awesome instructions, that were so easy to follow. I plan on grilling some artichokes right now. Love your site so much I had to add you to my favorites list!!
libbywedge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:05 am    Post subject: awesome! Reply with quote

Bought a grill and then bought artichokes hoping to fing a site about how to grill them. I gambled on finding instructions and googled your site. Thank you for such clear instructions! You didn't make it more difficult than it had to be and it was great! I added Italian seasonings and fresh garlic and they rocked! Thanks again!
FrankC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Grilled Artichoke Reply with quote

Smile I tried the grilled artichoke and was impressed. Being Italian i have eaten them since I was a kid. I have always had them stuffed. these were excellent. The second time I made them i spiced up the sauceby adding a hint of garlic and Oregano. Also for the oil I added onion, black olives salt, pepper, basil, oregano, parsley and a little romano cheese.
Tahnks again for a good reciept
ahong

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject: Another dip suggestion Reply with quote

Terrifc, I love artichokes! May I suggest a dip as follows,

1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, mixed in 2 tbs lemon juice. A tsp drop of light mayo in the dip, on the side. Dip the artichoke leaf in the mixture with a light drag on the mayo to eat.

This dip works also very well with steamed crab!
A Grandma

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Artichokes Reply with quote

I thoroughly enjoyed your description of how to steam and grill the artichokes.
May I thank you for your unique and detailed recipies. Step by step is the best, and you do not assume the reader" knows all about the subject"
A Grandma
bpstraycat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: thanks for posting this great page Reply with quote

Thank you Michael for posting this blow-by-blow account of artichoke preparation. I cooked them many years ago, completely forgot how to do it, and was saved by your first-class page. All the diners enjoyed it. Good for you!
LAN3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a late-season grilling event this Saturday, and I'm trying to figure out a practical (and not too expensive) way of steaming up some artichokes on the scene of the grill. The grill does have an available but I won't have an opportunity to steam them before I arrive at the grill.

I'm going to try it anyway-- fab something together with a foil pan, my steamer basket, and I think I have a spare foil cake-pan which, filled with water, should survive the burner just fine.
Hunter Cashdollar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: site Reply with quote

I like this approach to cooking. Hunter Cashdollar
vtturk

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: grilling artichokes Reply with quote

Excellent suggestions. I ususally snap off the outer bracts all around the artichoke until getting to the softer yellow leaves, then cut off the top third and quarter the artichoke. I like having more charred service and the quartered artichoke seems easier for people to just pick up and eat. I use a small paring knife to cut a v groove over and under the choke and remove it. As you wrote, olive oil, salt and pepper are all that are needed for htese babies.
jmhigg03

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: another sauce Reply with quote

I highly enjoyed the grilled artichokes, they were wonderful. I do not like mayo based sauces for them though. What I use, and this is very unhealthy but delicious, is 1-2 TBSP butter, 1 garlic clove minced, seasoned salt and fresh cracked pepper, heated. Very simple and very good.
Josey19

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: Sauce for Grilled Artichoke Reply with quote

Wonderful info on grilled artichoke. Now, I'm no engineer, but top this off with a lemon Aioli, and you're in heaven. Aioli - shortcut is mayo (best foods) pinch of cayenne, fresh lemon juice, minced garlic, minced or shredded green onion, salt & pepper..... yum P.S. if you're a true engineer, perfectionist, you'll want to make your own mayo 1 c. Extra virgin olive oil, 2 large egg yolks, salt & pepper.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: