Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Translating your page into German - increase your reach

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Cooking For Engineers Website Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
German_Dude2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Translating your page into German - increase your reach Reply with quote

Hi there!

Today I heard about your website on a podcast I believe from either WGBH or WNYC.
I would like to help increase the reach of your website and make all the work you put into your recipes more valuable.

I am offering you to translate your website into German for free. I don't want any personal gain. All I want to do is help... and maybe you'll find a way to offer translated recipes alongside your original descriptions.

Please let me know what you think.
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my concerns with translating the website into German is that many of the recipes would have to be reworked/retested to make sure they would work properly with German ingredients. Some of the ingredients might not even be available or have German names...
youngcook

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Michael. Too hard. We do not know what is in Germany.We could try, but that will take years. We have 823? articles with maybe about 2000 on food?
German_Dude

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I totally agree that just translating your recipes into German would not make sense. If you merely wanted a rough translation you could use babelfish or some google translation service.

And I agree that the recipe would have to be tested again in its translated version.

I am an Electrical Engineer myself and I like your approach to cooking.
If you wanted to you could suggest a recipe for me to start with and then we would see how it turns out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Cooking For Engineers Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum