Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum activity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Cooking For Engineers Website Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pj_rage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Forum activity Reply with quote

I recently stumbled across this website and figured it to be perfect because I'm an engineer and I'm recently getting into cooking. Well, I was right. The articles are well written, information I receive on the forums is good, but the one problem I have is the lack of activity.

I was just curious what other (cooking) forums everyone frequents? Are there any that are very active and also have good info?

Not that I want to stop visiting this site, I'm just trying to figure out what other sites are out there that are actually any good.

Thanks!
Pickles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rage Smile good name btw

I have been looking for other places that are much like this however there aren't any.

However there are lots of wonderful blogs with mouth water food, you just need to sorta sort the wheat from the chuff.

One site I really like though is
http://www.deliciousdays.com/
Taamar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chef 2 chef has lots of great information, but it's geared towards people who already have a great deal of kitchen experience (not only with cooking, but with the verbal abuse that occurs in a commercial kitchen).
EngineeringProfessor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Re: Forum activity Reply with quote

pj_rage wrote:
I recently stumbled across this website and figured it to be perfect because I'm an engineer and I'm recently getting into cooking. Well, I was right. The articles are well written, information I receive on the forums is good, but the one problem I have is the lack of activity.

I was just curious what other (cooking) forums everyone frequents? Are there any that are very active and also have good info?

Not that I want to stop visiting this site, I'm just trying to figure out what other sites are out there that are actually any good.

Thanks!

If you received your engineering degree fom an ABET accredited school, then at some point you had to have been taught to be a "life-long learner". Cooking is something like that--a life-long learning experience borne of many hours in the kitchen. Sure, you want a good result, but invariably your equipment is different, you can't get exactly the ingredients that you need, or you forgot one while at the store. Now the abstract thinking and design knowledge that the engineer posesses comes in. So, at some point you will become adept at what works and what doesn't. Enjoy this site, it is the best. For recipes, there's Google.

You will quickly see that all your questions are answered here, by other engineers who use the same thought processes as you--enjoy!
youngcook

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum is great when people like DrBiggles or eltonyo answer. Wink
cloud_swift

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a very acitve forum with good answers (though not as analytical a bent as this one) you could try the gardenweb cooking forum.
youngcook

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried there. I don't like it. Will look for others though ( not meant to hurt you Michael cuz I love your site) but I want to reach other people and help others.Chef talk seems nice. But I forgot my e-mail address and password. Big smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Cooking For Engineers Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum