Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Best cheapest Meal in the World
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ishbel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think to use the words 'restaurant' and 'good food' together with the name of a burger chain is stretching the meanings..

I am addicted to good, fresh food, well cooked and served.

It is my proud boast that I have never eaten in anywhere like a Wendy's! Laughing Out Loud
youngcook

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Well,Ishbel:Don't You Work(Or Be Out Late)? Reply with quote

I only eat there once a month now. I limit myself to eating out about 3 to 4 times a month(you know ,once a week if I am out extra late).When you are out though, what if you are out partying with friends till7p.m., you come home and cook? Give me recipes if you cook about all the time. But don't you eat out somewhere, as a Subway or a real restaurant such as a pub? Big smile

Oh, and McDonalds and Burger King are true burger chains. Wendy's is a good food on-the-go restaurant. They serve much more than burgers. They serve chili, chicken, salad,etc. GOOD!Yum!

It is my proad boast that I hardly eat out anymore and don't drink and that I contain myself from eating too much Wendy's,Burger King, Taco Bell, fried chicken,and an american restaurant called Willy's( a Cal-Mex Burrito restaurant, no,it is not fast food,just pre-prepared ingredients) even though the last one is a healthy type of restaurant. Big smile
If you like good, fresh food, well cooked and served you will love Willy's .I will look up all their locations if you like (even though they're probably only in the u.s.)Good Luck Cooking,Healthy Person.

Best of wishes,
Your friend,Youngcook. Smile
qwertyblue64

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Wendy's is not a real restaurant Reply with quote

Wendy's is not a real restaurant in the sense of a place where one sits down and eats. It's just a chain. Also, isn't this supposed to be about cooked food? Eating at a restaurant does not count as a home-cooked meal.

In fact, I do have an idea for an extremely cheap cooked food. I call it:

Refrigerator Soup

A bit of stuff from the fridge, i.e. a can of tomatoes, potatoes, ground beef, pasta, whatever.
Chicken stock, or other liquid

(preferably, use ingredients that go together)

Depending on what you have, cook everything accordingly if not already cooked.

Heat the stock or other liquid until it's well heated and just combine everything. Eat and hopefully enjoy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum