Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sangrita - For a "Tequila Completo"

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: Sangrita - For a "Tequila Completo" Reply with quote

After a couple weeks in Mexico City with my wife's family, I became aware that the only respectable way to drink tequila when at a bar or lounge, was to order "Tequila Completo". A tall thin shot glass of good 100% agave tequila, straight up, served with a twin shot glass of sangrita and a small bowl of lime wedges on the side.

Squeeze a wedge or 2 (or more to your liking) into the sangrita...NEVER into the tequila! Te loco? Then sip your tequila and follow with a sip of sangrita to cleanse the pallet.

Anyway, sangrita is a delicious drink, similar to a bloody mary mix. I spent the last few days researching 100's of variations of the recipe, and finally came to the closest match to what we were served in Mexico City's finest hotel lounges:

1 cup Clamato
1/2 cup Orange Juice
1/2 cup Tomato Sauce
3 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Pico De Gallo (salt and various dried chili peppers)
1/2 tsp Sugar
2-3 dashes Maggi Seasoning
2-3 dashes Cholula (or other hot sauce)
1-2 pinches Goyo Adobo seasoning (to taste)

I don't know if these were anywhere near the exact ingredients used, but wife and I concur...this is a pretty good version in our opinion.

Would love to hear other's recipes or feedback on this one.

Chris
socal_chris

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: Sangrita - For a "Tequila Completo" Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
After a couple weeks in Mexico City with my wife's family, I became aware that the only respectable way to drink tequila when at a bar or lounge, was to order "Tequila Completo". A tall thin shot glass of good 100% agave tequila, straight up, served with a twin shot glass of sangrita and a small bowl of lime wedges on the side.

Squeeze a wedge or 2 (or more to your liking) into the sangrita...NEVER into the tequila! Te loco? Then sip your tequila and follow with a sip of sangrita to cleanse the pallet.

Anyway, sangrita is a delicious drink, similar to a bloody mary mix. I spent the last few days researching 100's of variations of the recipe, and finally came to the closest match to what we were served in Mexico City's finest hotel lounges:

1 cup Clamato
1/2 cup Orange Juice
1/2 cup Tomato Sauce
3 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Pico De Gallo (salt and various dried chili peppers)
1/2 tsp Sugar
2-3 dashes Maggi Seasoning
2-3 dashes Cholula (or other hot sauce)
1-2 pinches Goyo Adobo seasoning (to taste)

I don't know if these were anywhere near the exact ingredients used, but wife and I concur...this is a pretty good version in our opinion.

Would love to hear other's recipes or feedback on this one.

Chris

oops...maybe I'll log in 1st next time I post! Teasing
Cool Nerds Gal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Sangrita Reply with quote

This sounds delicious! I can't wait until I get to try it! Because I am going to try it! Most of the recipes I researched are about the same that you posted only exception is not all of them have the clamato. And it is all good! I will stick with your recipe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum