Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chicken recipes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cool Nerds Gal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Chicken recipes Reply with quote

Since I just joined I thought I might share a recipe that does not take science to make. LOL. Even though I am not an Engineer, I am marrying one. LORD HELP ME! LOL. But, however I have always loved this sight and thought it was about time I joined it. My name is Teri I am from Philadelphia and I am an avid baker and cook. Give me a yell if anyone has any questions. I am attaching a recipe from a catering business that is super simple and fast to put together. I hope this site gets more postings!
I am not a huge chicken fan but his is a good one. I labeled it chicken if anyone wants to add their favorite. Ugh, Chicken… DOES IT TASTE LIKE CHICKEN?

CHICKEN MIRIN

3 POUNDS BONELESS CHICKEN BREAST

CUT UP BITE SIZE PIECES. FLOUR LIGHTLY. BROWN SLIGHTLY IN 3 TABLESPOONS OIL. REMOVE PIECES AND SET ASIDE.

ADD TO PAN:

1 CUP WATER
2 CUP JAPANESE MIRIN WINE
1 CUP SOY SAUCE
2 TABLESPOONS SUGAR

SIMMER MIXTURE 5 MINUTES
ADD CHICKEN AND COOK UNTIL SLIGHTLY THICKENED.
REMOVED FROM HEAT ADD:

3 BUNCHES OF SCALLIONS, SLICED DIAGNOLLY ( 1 1/2" LONG)

SERVE WITH RICE ( I prefer brown)
Recipe Diva

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Creamy & Delicious Chicken ~ "OH, comfort Food!&quo Reply with quote

Creamy & Delicious Chicken

Oh comfort food!

4 chicken breasts, boiled, de-boned, diced
32 ounces frozen broccoli, cooked and drained
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cup butter
1 (8 ounce) package seasoned stuffing mix

1. Mix diced chicken and broccoli in 9" x 13" casserole dish.
2. Top chicken and broccoli with grated cheese.
3. In separate bowl, mix soup, onion, chicken broth, mayonnaise, and salt& pepper to taste.
4. Pour mixture over broccoli, chicken& cheese in casserole dish.
5. Melt butter; toss into stuffing mix.
6. Spread stuffing mixture over casserole.
7. Bake for 30 minutes in 350° oven.

I double this recipe. I often double the topping.
This is a recipe you can play and add what you like with.

I serve this with sour cream.
rashd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: New Wok for Father's day Reply with quote

I just got a new SS wok and I need a recipe for some kind of chicken stir-fry.
I was hoping to find something generic that I could use as a launch pad.

Actually, the hard part for me is doing the sauce (no experience, here).
I am thinking of chicken, snow peas, carrots, spring onions and sesame seeds in some stock .
How do you get a sauce to finish?
jono

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Chicken recipes Reply with quote

Cool Nerds Gal wrote:
Since I just joined I thought I might share a recipe that does not take science to make. LOL. Even though I am not an Engineer, I am marrying one. LORD HELP ME! LOL. But, however I have always loved this sight and thought it was about time I joined it. My name is Teri I am from Philadelphia and I am an avid baker and cook. Give me a yell if anyone has any questions. I am attaching a recipe from a catering business that is super simple and fast to put together. I hope this site gets more postings!

looks very much like chicken teriyaki to me, and ALL cooking involves science Teasing
jono

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rashd wrote:
I just got a new SS wok and I need a recipe for some kind of chicken stir-fry.
I was hoping to find something generic that I could use as a launch pad.

Actually, the hard part for me is doing the sauce (no experience, here).
I am thinking of chicken, snow peas, carrots, spring onions and sesame seeds in some stock .
How do you get a sauce to finish?

usually by adding other flavours, such as soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce, bean curd and/or chilli pastes, etc., then cornflour in a little water to thicken, all in the wok. Good luck
aniketvichare

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject: Chicken recipes Reply with quote

Want to learn Chicken recipes, sharing the ingredients of Masala Chicken. 1 1/4 kilograms washed & dried chicken. 3 cup sliced onion. 2 cup minced tomato. 1 cup finely chopped coriander leaves. 1 tablespoon garlic flakes. 1 teaspoon cumin seeds. 1 tablespoon chilli powder. 1/2 teaspoon powdered turmeric.
Lancer21

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of comfort food, here's my simple, not-that-original chicken recipe for these times:

-Full chicken breasts, as many as you want
-Cheese (in sheets if you want it to be easy, or grated or in thinly cut slices if you want it to be extra gourmet)
-Breadcrumbs
-Eggs
-Flour
-Spices of your liking (I always throw whatever's lying around, black pepper, curry, paprika, rosemary, thyme, red pepper in flakes... It's never the same)

1) Take the chicken breasts, pull out the little strips under then, put them aside, keep the main parts around.
2) Cut the breasts in half in their length, so that they open like a book.
2.5) If they're thick, cut slices of chicken from the "covers" of the "book", the halfes of the breast shouldn't be thicker than 1.25cm/0.5 inch or it'll take ages to cook
3) Put salt in the opened "book", put cheese in, spices if you want, close it. You can put pesto as well.
4) Pour flour in a large deep plate, mix it with generous amounts of spices. Break eggs in another plate, and pour your bread crumbs in a third one.
5) Dip the chicken breasts in flour, then in eggs, then in bread crumbs. Set aside.
6) Take the chicken strips and what you cut from the "book covers", dip them in flour, then eggs, then bread crumbs.
7) Heat a pan, lubricate it with what you prefer (I usually go for 2/3 olive oil and 1/3 butter), be generous with it as the crumb covering needs to fry. If you have lots of oil on hand and aren't afraid, you can fill half of your pan with oil and have it boil.
8) Put the big cheese-filled chicken breasts in the pan, let them cook until done. Don't hesitate to cut inside to see how the chicken's done, don't take the breasts out as long as the inside isn't 100% white and doesn't form "strings" like cooked chicken does.
9) Either when you're done or if you have space for them in your pan, fry the smaller cheeseless pieces as well. THese don't need as much time.
10) Serve and enjoy! One cheese filled chicken breast will be enough for your average adult, and you can pour the smaller pieces in a bowl for people to pick them up as snacks.
samwoodblack

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject: Chicken Teriyaki Reply with quote

INGREDIENTS
1.3 pounds (600 grams) skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons light brown sugar (or white granulated sugar)
3 tablespoons cooking Sake ((rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar)
2 tablespoons Mirin (optional -- white wine or dry sherry can be substituted)
1 tablespoon sesame oil, optional (adds a wonderful flavour)
2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves garlic)*
1 shallot/green onion stem, sliced to garnish
4 cups broccoli florets, lightly steamed
1 teaspoon cornstarch (or corn flour) mixed with 2 teaspoons water (ONLY IF NEEDED)
INSTRUCTIONS
Heat cooking oil in a large pan over medium heat. Stir fry chicken, stirring occasionally until lightly browned and crisp.
In a small jug or bowl whisk together the soy sauce, sugar, Sake/vinegar, Mirin and sesame oil to combine. Set aside.
Add the garlic to the centre of the pan and saute until lightly fragrant (about 30 seconds). Pour in the sauce and allow to cook, while stirring, until the sauce thickens into a beautiful shiny glaze (about 2-3 minutes).*
Add in the steamed broccoli. Garnish with green onion (or shallot) slices and serve over steamed rice.
The Business Analyst

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WINGED VICTORY

6 bone-in chicken breast halves, with wings attached

2 TBSP. butter
Pinch of tarragon
1/3 c. finely chopped carrot
Kosher salt
1/3 c. finely chopped onion
Black pepper
1/3 c. finely chopped celery
Butter
1/3 c. finely chopped ham

This simple but delicious recipe comes from Julia Child’s wonderful cookbook The Way to Cook.

For the stuffing, melt the butter in a skillet and add the carrot, onion, celery, and ham. Sauté about 10 minutes until soft but do not brown. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and tarragon.

To prepare the chicken breasts for stuffing, keep as much of the skin intact as possible. It is best to take the breasts off a whole chicken and keep the skin from the back and thighs attached. Carefully separate the skin from the meat. Next, remove the rib bones, popping the ball joint at the wing and leaving the wing and its bones attached. Salt and pepper the meat under the skin.

Lay a breast skin side down. Lift the meat up off the skin and spoon 1/6 of stuffing under the skin. Lower the meat, and wrap the skin around to enclose the stuffing and the meat. Arrange the stuffed breasts in a buttered oven dish in a single layer. Brush them with butter and sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Bake 30-40 minutes at 375°, basting once or twice.

For the sauce, skim fat off cooking juices and reduce by half. Add 1 – 2 TBSP butter and spoon over chicken breasts before serving.
SmartShabby

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delicious recipes. Thanks for sharing!
Lyceme

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I love the recipes!!!! I will bookmark this page. I hope you could share some chicken burrito. Big smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a splendid recipes! What is the secret in making sure the chicken doesn't turn out over done and rubbery? And what do you do to help the marinate penetrate the chicken breast?
sensiblewall

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
What a splendid recipes! What is the secret in making sure the chicken doesn't turn out over done and rubbery? And what do you do to help the marinate penetrate the chicken breast?

What I am doing to make the chicken tender is that I am soaking the chicken with milk for one hour. Well, it comes great and juicy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum