Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

steam cooking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vegan egghead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: steam cooking Reply with quote

I'm trying to design an apparatus for steam cooking thick patties/cakes made of ground grain/bean/veg. I would like it to be energy efficient/insulated, and recycle the water so it doesn't need much water and will not boil dry. I want the cakes to rest on bamboo surfaces that hold several cakes and can be stacked. So maybe an apparatus that has some functional design elements of a still? Does anything like this already exist?
Jemonster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're kidding right?!? You know that these exist because you just described in detail the same bamboo steamer used in Chinese cooking.
Pickles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go with a bamboo steamer and a wok to boil the water. Go with a small electric wok that fits the steamer and is as powerful as possible.

we cook our vegis in it, carrots take about 5 minutes and corn slightly longer.. or less not too sure right now cause I'm tired.
DrBiggles

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemonster wrote:
You're kidding right?!? You know that these exist because you just described in detail the same bamboo steamer used in Chinese cooking.

Oh be kind. You do know we're dealing with a vegan, right? They tend to be less wily in the ways. Even though Chinese have been doing vegetarian and vegan foods cooked this way for centuries.

Baby steps, baby steps.

Biggles
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum