Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Outdoor Ovens

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CJM

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Outdoor Ovens Reply with quote

Hi - I am a newbie to this site and hope I am not revisiting a past thread. I am designing a new type of outdoor oven and face a dilemma between engineering dogma and what CFE members feel is right for the task. The first question concerns whether or not fired ceramic is preferrable as a direct cooking surface for bread (compared to say loaf tins). The second question is whether charcoal or wood fires add anything to bread (pizza, naan etc) other than a smokey flavour. Since these questions are largely subjective, I would be glad to hear any views on these topics. I want to build an oven that is affordable, energy efficient, quick to heat up and that people love to use. However, hard nosed engineering offers several alternative configurations that may achieve the engineeering goals - but are an emotional turn-off. It would help if you can qualify your opinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum