Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Secret recipes from your Favorite Restaurants!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cgundie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Secret recipes from your Favorite Restaurants! Reply with quote

Do you spend hours each month waiting in a restaurant lobby to get seated? Do you spend hundreds of dollars per month paying others to cook secret recipes that you never thought you would be able to cook on your own?

What if you could cook these same recipes without waiting to be seated, at any time, and for a fraction of the cost? Now you can!

Cook the same recipes from your favorite restaurants for friends and family and have them convinced that you've ordered in. They simply will not believe that you've learned the secret, guarded recipes from the best restaurants.

For more info go to:
http://cgundy.drecipes.hop.clickbank.net
socal_chris

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sister makes killer Red Lobster garlic cheese biscuits!
Rusty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Red Lobster Chedder Bay Biscuits Reply with quote

Red Lobster Chedder Bay Biscuits

DRY INGREDIENTS:
4 cups all purpose flour
8 tsp baking powder
4 tsp granulated sugar
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp onion powder

WET INGREDIENTS:
1-1/4 cups grated chedder cheese
1 cup butter flavor crisco
1-1/4 cups warm milk

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

This recipe was developed using a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer.

Add dry ingredients to mixing bowl, mix well (about 30-seconds).

Add grated cheese. Mix well (about 1-minute).

Add butter flavored crisco a little at a time. Mix until dry mixture
looks like cornmeal (about 2-minutes with mixer on low).

Add milk. Mix well (about 1-minute). Turn onto floured board. Knead for 1-minute.

Roll out 1/2-inch thick. Cut out with biscuit cutter.

Bake at 425 F for 18 minutes on baking sheet.

Biscuits are done when slightly browned on edges.

Makes about 12-biscuits

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some places will actually give you the recipe if you ask them for it. I've gotten a few recipes that way.

If nothing else, it lets the chef know that you enjoyed your meal.
darus67

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to know the recipe for the french dressing that Outback Steakhouse serves on their salad.
Kim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: Red Lobster biscuits Reply with quote

I just read on red lobsters chef site, that baking soda is definitely one of the ingredients in their awesome biscuits.

Has anyone tried the posted recipe or have any others?

I could make those daily my family would not tire of them.
kgb1001001

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Needs garlic Reply with quote

The biscuits at Red Lobster definitely have garlic in them. The version of this recipe we make at home (which are acceptable, but not as good as at the restaurant) ends with brushing the hot biscuits with garlic butter.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I work at Red Lobster while going to school, and the biscuit mix comes pre-made, so I'm not sure there's much of a recipe that many people would know. It comes like bisquick mix in huge boxes, and they just add water, shredded cheese, and then brush with garlic butter when they're done.

There's tons of recipes on the internet that taste almost identical.
KGWagner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Red Lobster Garlic Cheddar Biscuits Reply with quote

I've used this recipe repeatedly and had excellent results. It's easy, fast, and spot-on.

2 cups Bisquick baking mix
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup cheddar cheese -- shredded
1/4 cup margarine or butter -- melted
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Preheat oven to 450. Mix baking mix, milk and cheese until soft dough forms; beat vigorously for 30 seconds. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 min. or until golden brown. Mix melted margarine and garlic powder; brush over warm biscuits before removing from cookie sheet. Serve warm. Makes 10-12 biscuits.

Note: Bisquick is just a mixture of all the things the complicated recipes call for in the dry ingredients - flour, salt, cream of tartar, baking soda, etc. - they're just already properly proportioned. So, give yourself a break. They're just biscuits. It's the garlic and cheddar that make them special.
kgb1001001

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: A bit of authenticity Reply with quote

I've used the Bisquick + Cheddar + Brushing Butter/Garlic powder version of these for a long time, and it's a reasonable facsimile of the Cheddar bay biscuits, but it's not exactly the same. I happened to go to Red Lobster yesterday and tried to figure out why -- here's what I arrived at -- when you look at the cross-section of the biscuit, you'll see that it's soaked with the garlic-laden butter to a depth of about 1/8 of an an inch all the way around the biscuit. In other words, I don't think they brush the biscuits as they come out of the oven, I think they dunk them instead, or maybe turn them over and give the bottoms a good brushing too.
KGWagner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Garlic Cheddar Biscuits Reply with quote

I suspect Red Lobster has an aerosolizing dispenser (spray bottle) of melted garlic butter always at the ready. Might not even be butter - just garlic butter flavored vegetable oil. It would fit their production level demands. I think dipping would make the biscuits soggy, and be too labor-intensive. They practically give those things away, so they can't be investing too much in them. Such a thing wouldn't be practical in the home, so all the copycat recipes would call for garlic-infused melted butter that's brushed on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum